*The National Urban League kicked off its annual conference in Washington, D.C. on Wednesday, July 28. The National Urban League, founded on its dedication to foster black economic equality, celebrates its 100th year.
President Obama was greeted by an overwhelming welcome reception, as he took to the microphone to address delegates Thursday morning at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center. He gave a 45 minute speech, spending the bulk of it talking about education reform. He discussed the need to improve American education, increase graduation rates, lift up failing schools, and to close the achievement gap that is leaving too many children of color behind.
The National Urban League brings in its 100th year focused on jobs and empowerment.
Scroll down for more photos of the event:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Senator Oscar Braynon Presents 4th Choice Challenge
- THE (05-06-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ralph Fiennes and Tilda Swinton Are Tortured Souls in 'A Bigger Splash'
- Ashanti Produces New Film ('Mothers and Daughters') with Superstar Cast (Watch)
- Birdman on 'Respek' Trending & Confronting The Breakfast Club
- Report Says Percocet Found in Prince's System
- Rappers Arrested for Credit Card Fraud after Rapping about Crimes in Songs
- L. A. City Hall Salutes 'Prince' on Friday, May 6, (Open to Public FREE)
- Alicia Keys Drops New Single - Ellen's $10,000 Gift to Dance Crew (WATCH)
- Prince’s ‘Kiss’ Performed Randomly on Subway Just Days Before He Died (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here