*Like all strange pairings, there is a purpose for Queen Latifah and Dolly Parton’s hook up. The two will co-star in an upcoming studio production “Joyful Noise,” a gospel film to be released by Alcon Entertainment.
While Latifa’s acting career has been on fire lately, with her recent role in “Just Wright,” she is set to play the part of a mother of two and new choir directress after the former director dies. Parton on the other hand will play the choir’s widow who wants to take the previous role of her dead husband as directress.
The film will center its story on an unlikely partnership between these two female characters who are forced to work together to save a small town gospel choir after budget cuts threaten to shut them down.
Todd Graff, who previously worked on “Bandslam” is on board to serve as both helmer and scribe for “Joyful Noise.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- It's GAME Time! Says Fashion Accessory Brand, Sprayground
- Trump Takes GOP Nomination; Will Black America Listen to His Presidential Plan? (Video)
- Afrika Bambaataa Now Accused of Molesting Hundreds of Boys
- Prince Offered to Mentor Chris Brown After Rihanna Incident
- OWN Staff Blindsided by Exit of Oprah’s Longtime Confident Sheri Salata (Report)
- FoxNews.Com Pulls Comment Section of Malia Obama Story After Racists Take Over
- Pres. Obama Drinks Filtered Flint Water to Show It's Safe (Watch)
- Blake Shelton Curses Out Beyonce’s Country Haters (Watch)
- Report: Janet Jackson Pregnant With First Child at Nearly 50
- Radio Stations Nationwide to Simulcast Prince’s ‘Nothing Compares 2 U’ on Wed
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here