*Like all strange pairings, there is a purpose for Queen Latifah and Dolly Parton’s hook up. The two will co-star in an upcoming studio production “Joyful Noise,” a gospel film to be released by Alcon Entertainment.
While Latifa’s acting career has been on fire lately, with her recent role in “Just Wright,” she is set to play the part of a mother of two and new choir directress after the former director dies. Parton on the other hand will play the choir’s widow who wants to take the previous role of her dead husband as directress.
The film will center its story on an unlikely partnership between these two female characters who are forced to work together to save a small town gospel choir after budget cuts threaten to shut them down.
Todd Graff, who previously worked on “Bandslam” is on board to serve as both helmer and scribe for “Joyful Noise.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ben Carson Now Blaming the Holocaust on Gun Control (Watch)
- Done Deal: F. Gary Gray Confirmed to Direct ‘Fast & Furious 8’
- Kelly Rowland is the New Face of Seagram’s Escapes
- Temple Board of Trustees Set to Replace Bill Cosby with Tamron Hall
- Rinkins Report: FMU's Black Male College Explorers Program helps decrease achievement gap
- Janet Jackson, Chaka Khan, The J.B.’s Considered for Rock Hall
- Natalie Cole Cancels Fall Tour, Cites 'Medical Procedure'
- Donald Sterling Spotted Cursing Out Girlfriend at LA Restaurant
- Tyler Perry Reveals ‘Future Home of Tyler Perry Studios’ (Pic)
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Offers A YEAR of 'Paid Leave' for New Moms and Dads
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here