*Tyrone Davis and Na Onka Mixon are among the group of 20 castaways set for CBS’ upcoming “Survivor: Nicaragua.”
The cast of season 21, finally revealed this morning, will be split along age lines. Youngins 30 and under comprise the LaFlor (yellow) tribe, while the Espada tribe (blue) is for the over 40 crowd.
Tyrone, a 42-year-old fire captain from Inglewood, Calif, joins a team that includes former NFL coach and current TV analyst Jimmy Johnson.
The former elementary school teacher says in his past, “I’ve been shot at, I’ve been in altercations, I’ve been approached to sell drugs. I know several people in the element, put it like that. And I got tired of seeing some of my childhood buddies buried.”
Na Onka, 27, is a PE teacher and also from Los Angeles. She fancies herself a “chameleon” who can “adapt to anything,” according to her video on the “Survivor” website.
“If I need to be jolly, I’ll be jolly. If I need to be hood, I’ll be hood. If I need to be valley, I’ll be valley,” she says. “I’m the lethal weapon, I’m the secret weapon that they don’t even know about. My tribe isn’t even gonna know.”
“Survivor: Nicaragua” premieres Sept. 15 at 8 p.m.
- THE (07-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- LAPD on #100days100nights: 'Things Have Calmed Down'
- Tami Roman Reveals Health Issues Causing Pregnancy Woes
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Adds Megachurch Drama Series 'Greenleaf'
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here