*Taraji P. Henson has been cast in the Gyre Entertainment sports drama “From the Rough.”
The story is inspired by Dr. Catana Starks, the first female head coach of an NCAA Division 1 men’s team. Henson would play Cassandra Turner, a fictionalized version of Starks.
In the film, Turner uses a successful stint as coach of the women’s swim team at a historically black college to help her get support to build the men’s golf team. With available black players scarce, shce scours Europe, Australia and Asia to construct a uniquely multi-racial team.
Pierre Bagley directs and produces from a script by Michael A. Critelli. Shooting begins off early October in New Orleans.
- Why Aren't Our Black Celebrities Supporting Black Theatre ... Financially?
- Bobby Shmurda's Girlfriend Busted Smuggling Shank Into Rikers
- B.Scott Accompanies Laverne Cox to BET Awards
- Nick Cannon Weighs in on Mariah Carey and her New Man
- Jason Derulo Misjudged Potential of New Song ‘Want to Want Me’
- Watch Beyonce Frolic in Rainbow Gear to Celebrate Marriage Equality
- Emmitt Smith Backs Out of Judging Miss USA Pageant
- Serena, Venus Advance at Wimbledon, One Step Closer to Facing Each Other
- SF 49er RB Reggie Bush Puts MI Home on Market for $2.4M (Pics)
- NeNe Leakes, Betty White, Anthony Anderson Lead ABC’s ‘To Tell the Truth’ Reboot
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here