*Taraji P. Henson has been cast in the Gyre Entertainment sports drama “From the Rough.”
The story is inspired by Dr. Catana Starks, the first female head coach of an NCAA Division 1 men’s team. Henson would play Cassandra Turner, a fictionalized version of Starks.
In the film, Turner uses a successful stint as coach of the women’s swim team at a historically black college to help her get support to build the men’s golf team. With available black players scarce, shce scours Europe, Australia and Asia to construct a uniquely multi-racial team.
Pierre Bagley directs and produces from a script by Michael A. Critelli. Shooting begins off early October in New Orleans.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- It’s ‘Very Difficult’ for Black Staffers at Fox News - Former NABJ President
- Tracy 'T-Mac' McGrady Launches Mobile HBCU Fundraising Campaign
- Wendy Williams Joins 'Salute Her' Honorees To Kick Off Circle of Sisters Weekend
- Ex-NFLer Warrick Dunn Has Now Gifted 145 Homes to Single Parents
- THE (10-09-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Iyanla Vanzant Interview | Black Hollywood Lives' Conversations (Watch)
- Here’s How the Man Murdoch Calls a 'Real Black President' Will Govern
- Karrueche Says Career Suffering Because Of Chris Brown
- Nicki Minaj Ends Interview After 'Rude' Questions About Drake, Meek Mill
- Fox Orders 3 More Episodes of Morris Chestnut’s ‘Rosewood’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here