*Taraji P. Henson has been cast in the Gyre Entertainment sports drama “From the Rough.”
The story is inspired by Dr. Catana Starks, the first female head coach of an NCAA Division 1 men’s team. Henson would play Cassandra Turner, a fictionalized version of Starks.
In the film, Turner uses a successful stint as coach of the women’s swim team at a historically black college to help her get support to build the men’s golf team. With available black players scarce, shce scours Europe, Australia and Asia to construct a uniquely multi-racial team.
Pierre Bagley directs and produces from a script by Michael A. Critelli. Shooting begins off early October in New Orleans.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dwayne Johnson’s Meal Plan Involves Eating 10 Pounds of Food Everyday
- Janet Jackson’s Trainer Reveals How to Get Her Famous Abs
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Reboot; Won't be Watching
- Police Say This Interracial 'Online Date' Ended in Woman's Death
- Zoo Director on Why Gorilla Was Killed and Not Tranquilized
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here