*Tyler Perry has been officially cleared of any plagiarism claims. On Monday, Aug. 23 at the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, the judge ruled against a woman, Donna West, who claimed Perry stole her idea for a movie – “The Diary of a Mad Black Woman.” However, the judge ruled that no improper conduct occurred on the account of the filmmaker.
West attempted to get Perry caught up back in 08 in a Texas court, but the judge concluded she lacked evidence that supported her claim. She said the movie was taken from her play, “Fantasy of a Black Woman.”
The playwright launched an appeal against the verdict but on Monday, August 23, the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled there was no improper conduct in the trial, according to the Associated Press.
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Neechy Gospel: New Music Video From Jonathan McReynolds LIMP
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Kelly Price Thinks Cops Need to Throw the book at Nick Gordon (WATCH)
- Michael Gordon Bennett Calls Himself America's Whitest Black Kid
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here