*Tyler Perry has been officially cleared of any plagiarism claims. On Monday, Aug. 23 at the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, the judge ruled against a woman, Donna West, who claimed Perry stole her idea for a movie – “The Diary of a Mad Black Woman.” However, the judge ruled that no improper conduct occurred on the account of the filmmaker.
West attempted to get Perry caught up back in 08 in a Texas court, but the judge concluded she lacked evidence that supported her claim. She said the movie was taken from her play, “Fantasy of a Black Woman.”
The playwright launched an appeal against the verdict but on Monday, August 23, the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled there was no improper conduct in the trial, according to the Associated Press.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Christopher 'Play' Martin to Speak at Suny-Oneonta Monday Nov. 30
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here