*President Barack Obama said Sunday he isn’t worried about a recent poll showing that nearly one-fifth of Americans believe he is a Muslim.
“The facts are the facts,” said Obama, who is a Christian in an interview broadcast on “NBC Nightly News.”
The president blamed the confusion over his religious beliefs on “a network of misinformation that in a new media era can get churned out there constantly.”
A poll released earlier this month by the nonpartisan Pew Research Center showed that 18 percent of people believe Obama is Muslim. That was up from 11 percent who said so in March 2009. Just 34 percent said Obama is Christian, down from 48 percent who said so last year.
“I’m not gonna be worrying too much about whatever rumors are floating on out there,” Obama said Sunday. “If I spend all my time chasing after that, then I wouldn’t get much done.”
Asked about persistent accusations that he wasn’t born in the United States, the president responded, “I can’t spend all my time with my birth certificate plastered on my forehead.”
Watch the interview:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- DMX Makes Sitcom Debut as Love Expert on ‘Fresh Off The Boat’ (WATCH)
- The Orlando Magic Give Thanks This Holiday
- Ava DuVernay Responds to Lionsgate Apology for 'Egypt' White-washing
- Flashback - Kobe Bryant Ponders Life after Basketball: ‘I’ve Got to Find My Passion’
- Serena Williams is Half-Naked in 2016 Pirelli Calendar (Pics)
- Miami Jury Now Holds Fate of 'Facebook Killer' In Their Hands! (Disturbing Photo)
- What Does Future Require In His Concert Dressing Rooms?
- Female Characters in ‘The Wiz Live!’ Rewritten to be More Empowered
- John Hairston's Gospel Internet Radio Station Hits the Airwaves in January
- 'He Used to Call Me Ma’am' - A Look Back at Kobe Bryant
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here