*Comedy Central’s Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert had a field day last night making fun of Glenn Beck’s “Restoring Honor” rally on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial – on the same day and in the same place as Dr. Martin Luther King delivered his “I Have a Dream” speech exactly 47 years ago.
In a segment dubbed “I Have A Scheme,” Stewart took issue with Beck’s plan to “reclaim the civil rights movement.” Beck had argued that white people can’t praise or support the mission of Dr. King without criticism.
“Who acts like white people can’t praise Martin Luther King?” Stewart said in disbelief. “Or is it that they don’t want people who called Barack Obama, the first black president, a racist to praise Martin Luther King?” Watch below.
|The Daily Show With Jon Stewart||Mon – Thurs 11p / 10c|
|I Have a Scheme|
Colbert followed with this…
|The Colbert Report||Mon – Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c|
- Family Dynamics Cause Scare in Saturday's 'Flex & Shanice' (WATCH)
- Janet Jackson Continues Tour Rehearsal, Set to Perform at iHeartRadio Festival
- Lauryn Hill Performs Nina Simone’s ‘Feeling Good’ on ‘Fallon’ (Watch)
- Azealia Banks Shades Erykah Badu for Having Multiple Baby Daddies
- Teyonah Parris’ Hair Becomes Storyline for ‘Survivor’s Remorse’ Season 2
- Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sued for Wooing, Then, Deserting Boxer
- Nick Gordon Begs Permission to Attend Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral
- Bobbi Kristina’s Fam Feuding Over Planned Sweet 16-Themed Funeral?
- Wilson, Seahawks Agee to 4-Year, $87.5 Million Contract Extension
- Neechy Gospel: John P. Kee to Release New Project LEVEL NEXT
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here