*Comedy Central’s Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert had a field day last night making fun of Glenn Beck’s “Restoring Honor” rally on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial – on the same day and in the same place as Dr. Martin Luther King delivered his “I Have a Dream” speech exactly 47 years ago.
In a segment dubbed “I Have A Scheme,” Stewart took issue with Beck’s plan to “reclaim the civil rights movement.” Beck had argued that white people can’t praise or support the mission of Dr. King without criticism.
“Who acts like white people can’t praise Martin Luther King?” Stewart said in disbelief. “Or is it that they don’t want people who called Barack Obama, the first black president, a racist to praise Martin Luther King?” Watch below.
|The Daily Show With Jon Stewart||Mon – Thurs 11p / 10c|
|I Have a Scheme|
Colbert followed with this…
|The Colbert Report||Mon – Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c|
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Supermarkets: Please 'Assume' We Would 'Like a Bag' (Unless We Say Different)
- LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul, Wives 'Having 2 Much Fun on Vacay' (Watch)
- How Prince Ended Up on Mobb Deep's Track ‘Thou Shall Not Kill’
- OWN Sets Two-Night Premiere for Ava DuVernay Series ‘Queen Sugar’ (Watch Sneak Peek)
- Watch Rihanna's New 'Sledgehammer' Video inspired by 'Star Trek Beyond!'
- Stacey Dash Calls Jesse Williams a ‘Hollywood Plantation Slave’
- No, Pres. Obama Is NOT Giving $1000 to Everyone on Food Stamps
- UConn Revokes Bill Cosby’s Honorary Degree for Conduct 'Incongruent' With Their Values
- Questlove Joins New York Public Radio’s Board of Trustees
- Kevin Hart Scouting Talent for His ‘Laugh Out Loud’ On-Demand Channel
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here