*Comedy Central’s Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert had a field day last night making fun of Glenn Beck’s “Restoring Honor” rally on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial – on the same day and in the same place as Dr. Martin Luther King delivered his “I Have a Dream” speech exactly 47 years ago.
In a segment dubbed “I Have A Scheme,” Stewart took issue with Beck’s plan to “reclaim the civil rights movement.” Beck had argued that white people can’t praise or support the mission of Dr. King without criticism.
“Who acts like white people can’t praise Martin Luther King?” Stewart said in disbelief. “Or is it that they don’t want people who called Barack Obama, the first black president, a racist to praise Martin Luther King?” Watch below.
|The Daily Show With Jon Stewart||Mon – Thurs 11p / 10c|
|I Have a Scheme|
Colbert followed with this…
|The Colbert Report||Mon – Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c|
- Holy Crap! My House is On Fire...I'd Better Grab My Spareribs! (Video)
- Maya Angelou’s Art Collection Heading to Auction
- 18-Year-Old Forgives Rapper Kevin Gates for Kicking Her (WATCH)
- D'Angelo Speaks on His Iconic 'Untitled' Video with Tavis Smiley (WATCH)
- Hot Mess! McDonald's Worker Pulled Out of Drive-Thru Window (WATCH)
- VH1 Preps Viewers for What’s to Come with ‘Stevie & Joseline’ Teaser
- Black Lives Matter Members React to Fox News with Love
- Fellas Define Feminism At MTV VMAs (Watch)
- Ten Years After Hurricane Katrina: Changing Hearts, Minds and Systems in New Orleans
- Eunice Moseley Featured Expert in Dr. Logan Westbrooks’ ‘The Anatomy of the Music Industry’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here