*Comedy Central’s Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert had a field day last night making fun of Glenn Beck’s “Restoring Honor” rally on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial – on the same day and in the same place as Dr. Martin Luther King delivered his “I Have a Dream” speech exactly 47 years ago.
In a segment dubbed “I Have A Scheme,” Stewart took issue with Beck’s plan to “reclaim the civil rights movement.” Beck had argued that white people can’t praise or support the mission of Dr. King without criticism.
“Who acts like white people can’t praise Martin Luther King?” Stewart said in disbelief. “Or is it that they don’t want people who called Barack Obama, the first black president, a racist to praise Martin Luther King?” Watch below.
|The Daily Show With Jon Stewart||Mon – Thurs 11p / 10c|
|I Have a Scheme|
Colbert followed with this…
|The Colbert Report||Mon – Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c|
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- RECAP: Empire (S2, Ep9) Sinned Against
- Jason Kidd Suspended for Slapping Ball Out of Ref’s Hand (Watch)
- Mariah Carey, Ex-Husband Nick Cannon Spend Thanksgiving Together
- Siri Gives Taraji P. Henson Attitude in New Apple Music Ad
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here