*Comedy Central’s Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert had a field day last night making fun of Glenn Beck’s “Restoring Honor” rally on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial – on the same day and in the same place as Dr. Martin Luther King delivered his “I Have a Dream” speech exactly 47 years ago.
In a segment dubbed “I Have A Scheme,” Stewart took issue with Beck’s plan to “reclaim the civil rights movement.” Beck had argued that white people can’t praise or support the mission of Dr. King without criticism.
“Who acts like white people can’t praise Martin Luther King?” Stewart said in disbelief. “Or is it that they don’t want people who called Barack Obama, the first black president, a racist to praise Martin Luther King?” Watch below.
|The Daily Show With Jon Stewart||Mon – Thurs 11p / 10c|
|I Have a Scheme|
Colbert followed with this…
|The Colbert Report||Mon – Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c|
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Oprah's Not Worried About Flack From Church Folk
- Prince Entered Treatment Program for Hip Pain & Medication Use
- Kehoe Brothers to Direct R-rated Action-comedy for Tyler Perry
- WATCH President Obama Crack on Trump, Bernie and More at WHCD
- Ray and Janay Rice Announce they Are Expecting Baby Number 2
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- VIDEO: Deya Gets Direct With Denise Boutte on the Fantastic Voyage '16
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here