*Kelly Price recently discussed her latest album and why her project with Tamia and Deborah Cox didn’t work out.
Her new album, entitled “Kelly” is a bit more personal she said.
“This is the most personal album ever. There was no one song that embodied the album,” she told singersroom.com. “I went home and came to the conclusion that it was just me so I called it ‘Kelly’,” Price tells Singersroom exclusively. “When you listen to it from front to back it’s me. It’s me baring my soul. I’m leaving all insecurities behind to tell something. This is where I am at now in life. I have created a list of things that I want to see myself do. So if I don’t push myself, I will never be able to do these things and letting go of some things will be required. Some are as simple as learning how to swim.”
The Queen Project, her collaborative effort with Tamia and Cox just wasn’t the right timing to actually get done, Price disclosed.
“We had the music done … everything worked beautifully. The entire album was recorded in two weeks,” Kelly said. “It was Mr. Crawford’s idea from the very beginning. This was 5 years ago when he came with the idea. I thought it was a great idea but a bad time for me. He came back with the idea last year and I had just finished this album. He also went to Tamia and Deborah with the idea. Deborah had already signed a contract with Broadway so she had a small window of time. I actually had more flexibility. When all the music was done it came time to take care of the business. We had three different managers, three different lawyers etc. It went from being a creative love fest to a trading day on the floor of Wall Street. Just too many people involved and the end result was we were unable to get it done in a time frame that would have allowed us to work the record and tour properly. We could have forced the music out but it would have just been another album that hit Itunes and stores. An executive decision was made even though it was disappointing for us and fans. But I think [releasing] the album without touring would have been a bigger disappointment. There will definitely be an opportunity to release it at a later date with proper touring.”
The full interview is available here.
- Lee Daniels, L.A. Reid to Speak at Mariah Carey’s Hollywood Star Ceremony
- Chicago Police Tow Car With Deceased Bodies Inside...Public Raises Hell! (Watch)
- Cops Kept Rihanna from Performing Free Freddie Gray Concert
- Steven Ivory: GOP and Trump—Pot, Meet Kettle
- Report: Whitney Decides Where Fortune Goes; Bobby Screwed
- Hasselbeck: Sandra Bland Could've Used Cigarette as a Weapon (WATCH)
- Ralkina Jones: 3rd Black Woman in Two Weeks to Die in Jail Cell
- Rapper Styles P Reveals Daughter Committed Suicide
- Hulk Hogan Wonders Why Obama Can Use N-Word and Not Him in Retweet
- Joe Jackson Alert, Feeling Good After Stroke, Heart Attacks
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here