*On Thursday, September 16, 2010, at 8:00PM at the Plaza Hotel in New York, New York, famed fashion designer b Michael will pay tribute to Haiti, by featuring garments and jewelry from the country at his “b Michael America Spring 2011 Runway Show.”
The designer will introduce several fabulous and exciting garments which will be made of hand embroidered Haitian cotton. Some of these pieces will be worn by Ms. Haiti Universe 2010, Sarodj Bertin.
Recently b michael visited Port-Au-Prince/Fishing Village of Luly in Haiti, where he met with representatives of the Clinton Foundation and USAID-HAITI, to discuss heightening the creative resources and beauty of Haiti in contrast to all of it’s devastation. The inclusion of the Haitian products stems from these meetings.
The “b michael America Spring 2011 Runway Show,” will also be used as an awareness event for the “The Dream Yard Project,” the largest arts education provider in Bronx, New York, reaching 8,500 from grades K-12.
The Dream Yard Preparatory School, which held it first high school graduation in June, 2010, boasts that 90% of its graduates are college bound. “Remember Haiti!” is the current project of The Dream Yard students.
b michael launched his first couture collection in 1999, after designing for several famed international designers, including Oscar de la Renta and Louis Feraud.
On b michael, Fashion Windows, Javier Mateo, said:
“Like his eclectic family tree, b michael incorporates the fantastic with understated cool, sensational color with elegance and emotion with design…as with his approach to millinery, his designs exuded a glamorous clean aesthetic … his juxtaposition of creativity with simplicity is exemplified by the Kaleidoscope dress (from the Spring 2004 Collection), which was sewn together from fourteen fabrics, consisting of fifty pieces.”
Sarodj Bertin, Ms. Haiti Universe 2010, is the first representative of Haiti at the pageant in 22 years. Since 2001, Ms. Bertin has worked for the International Alliance for Haiti’s Recovery, (IAHR), a foundation founded to improve relations and create data and information exchange between Haiti and the Dominican Republic. After the earthquake tragedy of January 12, 2010, Ms. Bertin helped deliver food, garments, and camping tents. Currently, she is advocating that Haiti’s intellectuals and politicians work together to find solutions to combat the country’s crisis. She is also developing projects which will benefit the underserved children of Haiti.
The “b michael America Spring 2011 Runway Show” is By Invitation-Only. Sponsors are The Coca-Cola Company and FlyRuby.com. For further information, please contact: Mark Anthony @ b Michael (646) 288-1579.
Raymone K. Bain
The Raymone K. Bain Companies, LLC
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here