*At the MTV Video Music Awards, Sunday night in Los Angeles, Lady Gaga took home the most moonmen trophies, including best video of the year.
The singer, known for her outrageous costumes and attitude, received the biggest prize of the night in an outfit that’ll have PETA howling very shortly: a dress and chapeau that appeared to be made of cuts of meat.
And just who presented Gaga her trophy? None other than another larger than life icon, Cher.
*Meanwhile, what about the song that Taylor Swift was to sing to supposedly get back at Kanye West for last year’s trophy-snatching incident?
Well, first of all, it seems she’s ready to forgive him for last year’s indiscretion. It went down like this. Swift debuted a brand-new song that looked back — charitably — at the rapper’s infamous ambush of her.
Before she began, an onstage TV quickly played the moment in which Kanye stormed the stage, protesting her win of that year’s Best Female Video.
“Lost your balance on the tight rope/it’s never too late to get it back,” she sang.
“Today is never too late to be brand new,” she added, suggesting West clean his act up.
In another verse, Swift sings about a man who’s “32 and still growing up now…who you are is not what you say.”
“Every one of us has messed up too,” Swift’s song continued. “I hope you remember today’s never too late…to be friends with you….You’re still an innocent.”
Awww, she took the high road. Good for her. We wonder what knucklehead’s response will be.
Watch Swift’s performance:
Here’s a list of winners of the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards:
Collaboration: Lady Gaga featuring Beyonce, “Telephone”
Female video: Lady Gaga, “Bad Romance”
Male video: Eminem, “Not Afraid”
Hip-hop video: Eminem, “Not Afraid”
New artist: Justin Bieber featuring Ludacris, “Baby”
Pop video: Lady Gaga, “Bad Romance”
Rock video: 30 Seconds to Mars, “Kings and Queens”
Dance music video: Lady Gaga, “Bad Romance”
Art direction: Florence and the Machine, “Dog Days Are Over”
Choreography: Lady Gaga, “Bad Romance”
Cinematography: Jay Z and Alicia Keys, “Empire State of Mind”
Direction: Lady Gaga, “Bad Romance”
Editing: Lady Gaga, “Bad Romance”
Special effects: Muse, “Uprising”
Breakthrough video: The Black Keys, “Tighten Up”
Video of the year: Lady Gaga, “Bad Romance”
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- South Carolina Senate Votes to Remove Confederate Flag from Statehouse
- Russell Wilson, Ciara Practicing Abstinence: ‘I Need You to Pray for Us’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here