*It’s funny how one person can be both a pimp and a ho. This is exactly what GhettoPhysics: Will The Real Pimps and Hos Please Stand Up! wants its audience to examine, through its various movie-making elements.
Their theme, that the interplay of the pimp/ho dynamic represents a simple expression of how power is created in this complex world, comes together in multiple segments of interviews, a dramatic storyline and satirical skits and illustrations to show that the hood and Wall Street have much in common when it comes to controlling the dollar, as well as a person’s reality
Featured in GhettoPhysics were a wide array of influential people, including Cornel West, KRS-One, Norman Lear and Cynthia McKinney. Another key interviewee in this documentary was the “economic hit man” John Perkins, who provides powerful insight on just how much of a pimp the United States was to underdeveloped countries. All of these figures, sprinkled with a little street characters and real pimps, gave this film a complete look at how powerful the words and the concepts pimp and ho can be.
The centerpiece of this film was the storyline of a young woman in law school, being taught metaphysics from a street standpoint, as taught by Professor Brown (portrayed by the E. Raymond Brown, director of the film). The purpose of the class was to show how metaphysics is the central concept behind mind over matter. In other words, that it is up to the person to create their own reality, not the materials or the corporations behind the materials. That message trickles throughout the other skits and illustrations, as well as from the insight. “At one point, you manifest yourself into the pimp AND the ho,” KRS-One said before he began to stomp his foot as it was a conclusion he just drew.
GhettoPhysics is successful at covering all topics within the economy in ways that everyone, from a street cat to a Congressmen, can understand. Topics include religion and churches, politics behind the World Bank, Third World countries, higher education and many more. Within 94 minutes, GhettoPhysics is guaranteed to teach you something that you don’t know.
This film releases in ten cities on October 8th.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Bobby Shmurda to Sue NYPD Over False Arrest & Gun Charges
- Thanks to Stephen Curry, NBA To See Record Playoff Viewers
- Moya Angela: Dreamgirls' 'Effie' Speaks Exclusively to EURweb
- Aretha Franklin Covers 'Purple Rain' at International Jazz Day (WATCH)
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Donald Trump Mocks Carly Fiorina’s Stage Fall: ‘Anybody See That? She Went Down’
- Malia Obama Takes One-Year Deferment Prior to Harvard Start
- Prince Talks Michael Jackson's Death, Chris Brown in Never-Published 2014 Rolling Stone Interview
- Dixie Chicks Cover Beyonce’s ‘Daddy Lessons’ Despite Song's Nashville Backlash (Watch)
- Prince’s Siblings Attend Packed Hearing; Judge Appoints Special Administrator
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here