*September 10th will mark the 10th annual BMI Urban Awards, featuring honorees will.i.am and Keri Hilson. An awards show, presented by U.S. performing right organization BMI, will honor the songwriters and publishers of the most performed urban songs on U.S. radio and television for the past year. The awards will be hosted by Del R. Bryant, President & CEO of BMI, and Catherine Brewton, Vice President, Writer/Publisher Relations.
For hits like “Boom Boom Pow” and “I Gotta Feeling,” will.i.am will receive the BMI President’s Award, and will be saluted with an all-star musical tribute during the ceremony. As a BMI President’s Award Winner, will.i.am will join an elite group that includes Emilio and Gloria Estefan, Willie Nelson, and Taylor Swift.
Also to be awarded that night will be the Urban Song of the Year, Songwriter of the Year, Producer of the Year and Publisher of the Year. BMI will also honor the Top Urban Producers of 2009-2010, as well as the BMI songwriters whose songs have hit No. 1 on the Billboard R&B, Hip-Hop and Rap charts.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- L. A. City Hall Salutes 'Prince' on Friday, May 6, (Open to Public FREE)
- Alicia Keys Drops New Single - Ellen's $10,000 Gift to Dance Crew (WATCH)
- Prince’s ‘Kiss’ Performed Randomly on Subway Just Days Before He Died (Watch)
- Behind the Scenes of Janet Jackson’s New Video for ‘Dammn Baby’ (Watch)
- #AirbnbWhileBlack Exposes Racism Faced by Black Renters
- ‘Dear White People’ to Become a Netflix Series
- Trump Tweets Pic of Himself Eating Taco for Cinco de Mayo; Writes ‘I Love Hispanics!’
- Whoopi Goldberg Ready to Leave ‘The View’?
- 50 Cent Donates $100,000 to Autism Speaks after Mocking Teen
- Genealogical Firm Vets Man Claiming to be Prince’s Biological Son
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here