*September 10th will mark the 10th annual BMI Urban Awards, featuring honorees will.i.am and Keri Hilson. An awards show, presented by U.S. performing right organization BMI, will honor the songwriters and publishers of the most performed urban songs on U.S. radio and television for the past year. The awards will be hosted by Del R. Bryant, President & CEO of BMI, and Catherine Brewton, Vice President, Writer/Publisher Relations.
For hits like “Boom Boom Pow” and “I Gotta Feeling,” will.i.am will receive the BMI President’s Award, and will be saluted with an all-star musical tribute during the ceremony. As a BMI President’s Award Winner, will.i.am will join an elite group that includes Emilio and Gloria Estefan, Willie Nelson, and Taylor Swift.
Also to be awarded that night will be the Urban Song of the Year, Songwriter of the Year, Producer of the Year and Publisher of the Year. BMI will also honor the Top Urban Producers of 2009-2010, as well as the BMI songwriters whose songs have hit No. 1 on the Billboard R&B, Hip-Hop and Rap charts.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kardashians Call Depiction in ‘People v. OJ’ Ep 2 ‘Ridiculous’
- Drama at ‘Fashion Police’ Between NeNe and Giuliana?
- Claudia Jordan, Jennifer Williams: Shots Fired Hours Before ‘The Next 15’ Premiere
- Ciara Cheered, Russell Wilson Booed at Knicks Game
- BET Names Brie Miranda Bryant SVP of Unscripted Programming
- Marcus Anderson Cast in John Ridley Drama Pilot ‘Presence’
- Black Paranormal Investigators ‘Ghost Brothers’ Set at Destination America
- Future Calls BS on Ciara’s $15M Defamation Lawsuit
- Idris Elba Splits With Naiyana Garth After Night With Naomi Campbell (Report)
- Black Sheriff Gets KKK Vibe From Beyoncé's Super Bowl Halftime Performance
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here