*September 10th will mark the 10th annual BMI Urban Awards, featuring honorees will.i.am and Keri Hilson. An awards show, presented by U.S. performing right organization BMI, will honor the songwriters and publishers of the most performed urban songs on U.S. radio and television for the past year. The awards will be hosted by Del R. Bryant, President & CEO of BMI, and Catherine Brewton, Vice President, Writer/Publisher Relations.
For hits like “Boom Boom Pow” and “I Gotta Feeling,” will.i.am will receive the BMI President’s Award, and will be saluted with an all-star musical tribute during the ceremony. As a BMI President’s Award Winner, will.i.am will join an elite group that includes Emilio and Gloria Estefan, Willie Nelson, and Taylor Swift.
Also to be awarded that night will be the Urban Song of the Year, Songwriter of the Year, Producer of the Year and Publisher of the Year. BMI will also honor the Top Urban Producers of 2009-2010, as well as the BMI songwriters whose songs have hit No. 1 on the Billboard R&B, Hip-Hop and Rap charts.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Kim Zolciak Emotional in ‘DWTS’ Return Following Stroke
- Gap Band Family Feud! Ronnie Wilson Sues Charlie Wilson
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here