*September 10th will mark the 10th annual BMI Urban Awards, featuring honorees will.i.am and Keri Hilson. An awards show, presented by U.S. performing right organization BMI, will honor the songwriters and publishers of the most performed urban songs on U.S. radio and television for the past year. The awards will be hosted by Del R. Bryant, President & CEO of BMI, and Catherine Brewton, Vice President, Writer/Publisher Relations.
For hits like “Boom Boom Pow” and “I Gotta Feeling,” will.i.am will receive the BMI President’s Award, and will be saluted with an all-star musical tribute during the ceremony. As a BMI President’s Award Winner, will.i.am will join an elite group that includes Emilio and Gloria Estefan, Willie Nelson, and Taylor Swift.
Also to be awarded that night will be the Urban Song of the Year, Songwriter of the Year, Producer of the Year and Publisher of the Year. BMI will also honor the Top Urban Producers of 2009-2010, as well as the BMI songwriters whose songs have hit No. 1 on the Billboard R&B, Hip-Hop and Rap charts.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Gucci Mane Released from Prison Four Months Early
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Moves On…With a Man
- Actor Michael Jace Won’t Testify in His Murder Trial
- Cyndi Lauper Salutes Prince With ‘When You Were Mine’ at NY Concert (Watch)
- NYPD’s Top Cop on T.I. Concert Shooting: Rappers are ‘Basically Thugs’
- Memphis Principal's Response to Criticism of School's Handling of Student Shooting Goes Viral
- Oprah Winfrey, Audra McDonald, Patina Miller to Present at Tonys
- Chad Coleman Supports ‘Wire’ Costar Wendell Pierce Amid Battery Allegation
- NFL Vet Hines Ward Joins CNN, HLN as Sports Contributor
- Who Wore it Best? Rihanna vs. Julia Roberts
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here