*Funeral services for gospel singer and pastor Marvin Sapp’s wife, MaLinda, who lost her battle with cancer last week at the age of 43, are set for Thursday, September 16.
Marvin Sapp and his wife were long time lovers and childhood friends that met in elementary school, and married 13 years ago. They have three children.
Holding court with her husband over a thriving ministry, MaLinda learned in 2009 that she had colon cancer. After a brief period of remission, the cancer returned to claim the fragile body of this strong little woman.
Parishioners at the Lighthouse Full Of Life Center Church gathered together last Thursday Sept. 9 for a prayer vigil, only to find they had gathered to mourn the passing of their pastor’s wife. The church was founded by the couple along with a small group of approximately 24 believers in 2003. By 2008, Kingdom Square had become a nearly 17 acre campus, and home to more than 1,500 active members.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- OMG! Did Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, Really Respond to My Friendly 'Hello?'
- Wendy Raquel Robinson Pays Tribute to Iconic Artist Prince
- Kelly Rowland's New Music Series Has Her Missing Destiny’s Child
- Tyra Banks, Misty Copeland to Speak During Essence Experience
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Ni*ga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here