*Dallas Mavericks forward Caron Butler learned all about hard work and supporting a family at an early age. As a teenaged father, he worked at a Racine, Wisconsin Burger King, learning the ins and outs of the fast food business– from janitorial to cash register duties.
Today, all the hard work has come full circle. The 30-year-old baller owns six Burger King restaurants in Virginia and North Carolina, and says its one of the best business decisions he’s made yet.
BlackEnterprise.com talked with Butler about why he chose the franchising route and how Magic Johnson inspired him to keep his eyes set on business success after the NBA.
Read the rest of this article HERE.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Nigga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Wilmore's 'My Nigga' to Obama Gets Black Twitter Approval, But not Najee Ali
- Aisha Tyler: African-American Teens Must 'Be Brave' About College
- Poet Pens Stunning Piece About Appropriating Black Slang (WATCH)
- Oprah's Not Worried About Flack From Church Folk
- Prince Entered Treatment Program for Hip Pain & Medication Use
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here