*Oscar-nominated actors Terrence Howard and Taraji P. Henson will return as co-hosts of the two-hour Soul Train Awards, to be held in Atlanta in November and broadcast on both CENTRIC and BET cable channel CENTRIC.
This year’s special honorees will be Anita Baker and Ron Isley, both chosen for their longstanding careers and influence on music.
The special will also celebrate soul music’s legacy and the hottest stars who have helped pave the way for today’s crop of performers.
“As we celebrate the 40th anniversary of Soul Train, we are excited to have the opportunity to partner with CENTRIC again to present the iconic Soul Train Awards,” said Kenard Gibbs, CEO of Soul Train Holdings. “The team at Centric clearly respects the legacy of the brand and we are eager to return this year with an even stronger show. This year’s Soul Train Awards will embody the same energy, passion, and excitement that became the hallmark of the brand throughout its rich history.”
CENTRIC’s second annual broadcast of the Soul Train Awards will be taped on Nov. 10 at the Cobb Energy Center in metropolitan Atlanta and air in Nov. 28 at 9 p.m. on both CENTRIC its parent network BET.
Tickets for the show are by invite only and not available for purchase. For more information, please visit www.centrictv.com.
- Lorenzo Brown, Husband of Sister-2-Sister Publisher Jamie Brown, Dies of Cancer
- (The Black Hat) Serena Williams is a Winner, Not a Cover Girl
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'The Martian': 'Love Letter to Science' -- Matt Damon
- The Film Strip: New York Comic Con Tickets Going Fast
- 'Django Unchained' Actress Daniele Watts & Boyfriend Sentenced
- Shocking! How BGF Members Made $20K a Month in Jail
- Piano Man: Tyler Perry Buys Nat King Cole's Steinway for $150k
- Trump Dismisses Ramos, 2 Reporters Murdered in Virginia, Serena Williams New Boo | BHL's This Week
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here