*Oscar-nominated actors Terrence Howard and Taraji P. Henson will return as co-hosts of the two-hour Soul Train Awards, to be held in Atlanta in November and broadcast on both CENTRIC and BET cable channel CENTRIC.
This year’s special honorees will be Anita Baker and Ron Isley, both chosen for their longstanding careers and influence on music.
The special will also celebrate soul music’s legacy and the hottest stars who have helped pave the way for today’s crop of performers.
“As we celebrate the 40th anniversary of Soul Train, we are excited to have the opportunity to partner with CENTRIC again to present the iconic Soul Train Awards,” said Kenard Gibbs, CEO of Soul Train Holdings. “The team at Centric clearly respects the legacy of the brand and we are eager to return this year with an even stronger show. This year’s Soul Train Awards will embody the same energy, passion, and excitement that became the hallmark of the brand throughout its rich history.”
CENTRIC’s second annual broadcast of the Soul Train Awards will be taped on Nov. 10 at the Cobb Energy Center in metropolitan Atlanta and air in Nov. 28 at 9 p.m. on both CENTRIC its parent network BET.
Tickets for the show are by invite only and not available for purchase. For more information, please visit www.centrictv.com.
- Kelly Price Thinks Cops Need to Throw the book at Nick Gordon (WATCH)
- Michael Gordon Bennett Calls Himself America's Whitest Black Kid
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here