*Oscar-nominated actors Terrence Howard and Taraji P. Henson will return as co-hosts of the two-hour Soul Train Awards, to be held in Atlanta in November and broadcast on both CENTRIC and BET cable channel CENTRIC.
This year’s special honorees will be Anita Baker and Ron Isley, both chosen for their longstanding careers and influence on music.
The special will also celebrate soul music’s legacy and the hottest stars who have helped pave the way for today’s crop of performers.
“As we celebrate the 40th anniversary of Soul Train, we are excited to have the opportunity to partner with CENTRIC again to present the iconic Soul Train Awards,” said Kenard Gibbs, CEO of Soul Train Holdings. “The team at Centric clearly respects the legacy of the brand and we are eager to return this year with an even stronger show. This year’s Soul Train Awards will embody the same energy, passion, and excitement that became the hallmark of the brand throughout its rich history.”
CENTRIC’s second annual broadcast of the Soul Train Awards will be taped on Nov. 10 at the Cobb Energy Center in metropolitan Atlanta and air in Nov. 28 at 9 p.m. on both CENTRIC its parent network BET.
Tickets for the show are by invite only and not available for purchase. For more information, please visit www.centrictv.com.
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here