*For her new novel Getting to Happy, which releases today, Terry McMillan fans will find familiar faces from her classic Waiting to Exhale. The four women from the 90s film – Bernadine, Robin, Gloria, and Savannah – return 15 years after the ground-breaking classic.
In her new book, McMillan takes her innovative piece one step further by exploring the lives of the women in their 40s and 50s through issues ranging from menopause to experiencing loss.
The plot unfolds by showing the different ways the women recover. Some women are afraid of it and ignore it, continuing to be sad, when they should be celebrating who they are, whether they are lonely or finding out they are getting old, McMillan says in the video below.
The best-selling author is also behind novels such as How Stella Got Her Groove Back and A Day Late and a Dollar Short, but she is not the type to return to old material.
“I didn’t set out to write a Waiting to Exhale sequel,” she says on her website. “As the story unfolded, the women I found myself speaking through were reminiscent of Savannah, Bernadine, Gloria and Robin years later.”
Alongside the release of her new novel is the launch of her new website (www.TerryMcMillan.com). According to Glow Marketing, they collaborated with McMillan to create an online destination that directly reflects her. The new site has music and graphic designs accustomed to her dynamic vision.
“It rocks, and I’m looking forward to watching this site grow,” McMillan says. McMillan is a new client to Glow’s arsenal, which includes Tyra Banks’ website as well.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Erykah Badu on Azealia Banks Beef: 'We Can Spiral Out of Control With Style'
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to His Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here