*For her new novel Getting to Happy, which releases today, Terry McMillan fans will find familiar faces from her classic Waiting to Exhale. The four women from the 90s film – Bernadine, Robin, Gloria, and Savannah – return 15 years after the ground-breaking classic.
In her new book, McMillan takes her innovative piece one step further by exploring the lives of the women in their 40s and 50s through issues ranging from menopause to experiencing loss.
The plot unfolds by showing the different ways the women recover. Some women are afraid of it and ignore it, continuing to be sad, when they should be celebrating who they are, whether they are lonely or finding out they are getting old, McMillan says in the video below.
The best-selling author is also behind novels such as How Stella Got Her Groove Back and A Day Late and a Dollar Short, but she is not the type to return to old material.
“I didn’t set out to write a Waiting to Exhale sequel,” she says on her website. “As the story unfolded, the women I found myself speaking through were reminiscent of Savannah, Bernadine, Gloria and Robin years later.”
Alongside the release of her new novel is the launch of her new website (www.TerryMcMillan.com). According to Glow Marketing, they collaborated with McMillan to create an online destination that directly reflects her. The new site has music and graphic designs accustomed to her dynamic vision.
“It rocks, and I’m looking forward to watching this site grow,” McMillan says. McMillan is a new client to Glow’s arsenal, which includes Tyra Banks’ website as well.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- How Prince Ended Up on Mobb Deep's Track ‘Thou Shall Not Kill’
- OWN Sets Two-Night Premiere for Ava DuVernay Series ‘Queen Sugar’ (Watch Sneak Peek)
- Watch Rihanna's New 'Sledgehammer' Video inspired by 'Star Trek Beyond!'
- Stacey Dash Calls Jesse Williams a ‘Hollywood Plantation Slave’
- No, Pres. Obama Is NOT Giving $1000 to Everyone on Food Stamps
- UConn Revokes Bill Cosby’s Honorary Degree for Conduct 'Incongruent' With Their Values
- Questlove Joins New York Public Radio’s Board of Trustees
- Kevin Hart Scouting Talent for His ‘Laugh Out Loud’ On-Demand Channel
- Moniece Slaughter to Tank: 'You're Disgusting' for Shameful 'Stalker' Story [EUR Exclusive]
- 'We Are Charleston' Commemorates 1st-year Anniversary of 'The Emanuel Nine'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here