*Usain Bolt, who celebrated his 24th birthday over the weekend, signed a three-year deal of a lifetime with German apparel Puma on Tuesday. This is said to be the biggest contract for a track-and-field athlete.
For his birthday, he just chilled at home because it was the first time in seven years he’d been in his own country on his birthday.
“I didn’t know what to do,” said Bolt, who was in his country on his birthday for the first time in seven years. “So I just chilled. We went out and had a couple of drinks.”
Although contract terms of the deal were not released, Puma chairman and CEO Jochen Zeitz said Bolt would be the “best-paid athlete in track and field history.” “It’s good, man. I’m happy,” Bolt told The Associated Press by phone. “I’m very happy with the figure.”
Read the full story here.
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here