*Usain Bolt, who celebrated his 24th birthday over the weekend, signed a three-year deal of a lifetime with German apparel Puma on Tuesday. This is said to be the biggest contract for a track-and-field athlete.
For his birthday, he just chilled at home because it was the first time in seven years he’d been in his own country on his birthday.
“I didn’t know what to do,” said Bolt, who was in his country on his birthday for the first time in seven years. “So I just chilled. We went out and had a couple of drinks.”
Although contract terms of the deal were not released, Puma chairman and CEO Jochen Zeitz said Bolt would be the “best-paid athlete in track and field history.” “It’s good, man. I’m happy,” Bolt told The Associated Press by phone. “I’m very happy with the figure.”
Read the full story here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Pulse of Entertainment: ‘The Legend of Tarzan’ Continues with the Epic Warner Bros.’ Presentation
- Kellita Smith Joins the Cast of 'In the Cut'
- FBI: No Evidence Orlando Gunman Omar Mateen Was Gay
- Vince Wilfork: 'Big Boned' NFL Lineman Brings the Sexy to ESPN's 'Body Issue' (PHOTOS)
- Tina Lawson Explains Why Beyonce Hated Her Wedding Dress
- Ciara, Kim Kardashian, Chrissy Teigen Cameo in Fergie’s New ‘M.I.L.F. $’ Video (Watch)
- NFL’s Jason Pierre Paul Shows Blown Up Hand in New Firework Safety PSA (Watch)
- Fugitive Shanika Minor from FBI’s Most Wanted List Caught in North Carolina Motel
- Tavis Smiley: Prince ‘Locked Himself in his Bedroom for Days' After Michael Jackson Died (Watch)
- Gabby Douglas, Simone Biles Cover Teen Vogue, Talk Body Acceptance (Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here