*Usain Bolt, who celebrated his 24th birthday over the weekend, signed a three-year deal of a lifetime with German apparel Puma on Tuesday. This is said to be the biggest contract for a track-and-field athlete.
For his birthday, he just chilled at home because it was the first time in seven years he’d been in his own country on his birthday.
“I didn’t know what to do,” said Bolt, who was in his country on his birthday for the first time in seven years. “So I just chilled. We went out and had a couple of drinks.”
Although contract terms of the deal were not released, Puma chairman and CEO Jochen Zeitz said Bolt would be the “best-paid athlete in track and field history.” “It’s good, man. I’m happy,” Bolt told The Associated Press by phone. “I’m very happy with the figure.”
Read the full story here.
- Rumor or Fact? L.A. Gang Threatens to Kill 100 People in 100 Days
- POLITICO Magazine: U.S. Mayors Say Ferguson Could Also Happen in Their Cities
- New 'Legal Equalizer' App Aims to Counter Racial Profiling (WATCH)
- Martin Luther King III and Andrew Young to Attend Voting Right Press Conference
- THE (07-29-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- KDAY 93.5 FM Hosts ‘Uplifting Minds II’ National Talent Showcase Competition Saturday, October 24 at the Celebrity Centre in Hollywood
- Reggie Jackson Apologizes for Profane Outburst Against Fans
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Netflix Announces Mike Epps Special, 'Chelsea Handler Does Racism’, More at TCA Press Tour
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here