*Did you see will.i.am’s er, outfit at the VMAs? Well if you didn’t, millions of others did and a lot of ’em, as well as pundits, certainly have had their two cents to say about it.
As you can from the photo above, the Black Eyed Peas group founder, known for his futuristic eccentricity, was clad in an all-black leather outfit and his face painted black.
Some folks in Tweet land were highly offended about it and of course blabbed about it online, saying his make-up reflects the oppressive 19th century blackface minstrel shows.
The musicman tweeted back:
“1st. just because I where all black including head mask as expression and emphasize my outfit, it shouldn’t be looked at as racial…,” he tweeted. “Let go of the past. there are far more important things 2 bark about. (Jobs, health, education) not a black man wearing all black everything,” he followed. Then after noticing that people were still attacking him, he asked, “Are you guys serious? my outfit set “black people back 100 yrs” choose your twits wisely. no education sets people back, no jobs, bad health.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Donovan McNabb Begins 18-Day Jail Sentence in Arizona
- If You Missed it, Here's the Soul Train Awards Babyface Tribute (WATCH)
- 50 Cent Still Hasn’t Paid $7M Judgment to Rick Ross’ Baby Mother
- Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel Fires Police Supt. Garry McCarthy
- Taraji P. Henson, Janelle Monae, Laila Ali Join Alicia Keys Charity as Ambassadors
- Lark Voorhies Reveals Instagram Account was Hacked
- Rocker Malina Moye Talks to EURweb About Grammy Considerations
- Karyn White Snubbed! Left Out of Soul Train Awards Babyface Tribute (WATCH)
- Trump Stands By Claim that ‘Most’ Black Pastors Endorse Him
- Teen Killed By Black Man, Authorities Refuse to Press Charges (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here