*Did you see will.i.am’s er, outfit at the VMAs? Well if you didn’t, millions of others did and a lot of ’em, as well as pundits, certainly have had their two cents to say about it.
As you can from the photo above, the Black Eyed Peas group founder, known for his futuristic eccentricity, was clad in an all-black leather outfit and his face painted black.
Some folks in Tweet land were highly offended about it and of course blabbed about it online, saying his make-up reflects the oppressive 19th century blackface minstrel shows.
The musicman tweeted back:
“1st. just because I where all black including head mask as expression and emphasize my outfit, it shouldn’t be looked at as racial…,” he tweeted. “Let go of the past. there are far more important things 2 bark about. (Jobs, health, education) not a black man wearing all black everything,” he followed. Then after noticing that people were still attacking him, he asked, “Are you guys serious? my outfit set “black people back 100 yrs” choose your twits wisely. no education sets people back, no jobs, bad health.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toni Braxton to Star in Lifetime Biopic 'Un-Break My Heart'
- NeYo Shares Proposal Video, Slams Ex's Sterilization Claims [WATCH]
- Staples Singers Limited Edition 4-CD Box Set to be Released Nov. 13 from Stax/Concord Music Group
- Whoopi Goldberg Blasts Pro-Lifers: ‘Get Out of My Vagina!’
- Jennifer Hudson Dishes on Film Roles, Style and Weight Loss
- Sparkletainment Presents 'Loves Freedom' a One-woman Stage Performance (WATCH)
- 'Why You Always Lying' Creator Calls Viral Success 'Crazy'
- Deitrick Haddon Unveils Cover of 'MasterPiece'
- How to Successfully Balance Family, Parenting and Entertainment
- Terrence Howard Repays Rapper Petey Pablo with Role on 'Empire'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here