*Chrisette Michelle is the new spokesperson for “Saving Our Daughters” book campaign. She hosted her first Hip-Hop 4 Education Initiative on Oct. 3 at the Bishop L. Cornelius Multi-Purpose Center at Clark Atlanta University.
“I support ‘Saving Our Daughters’ and the efforts of the “Follow the Leader” movement and what they stand for because as artist, it’s our duty to nurture, educate and provide hope for kids everywhere that might be going through some type of adversity in their lives,” Chrisette Michele explains.
Producers of the “Follow the Leader” film documentary and organizers of the “Saving Our Daughters” Book Campaign have partnered to produce a series of Hip-Hop 4 Education events nationwide to examine and discuss Hip-Hop and its impact on education in inner-city schools.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dr. Dre Wants 'Beats and Rhymes' Tour with Snoop, Eminem, Kendrick
- Lamar Odom Found Unconscious at Nevada Brothel; Doesn't Look Good: Report
- Najee Alli, NAN Pressure USC to Consider Hiring Black Coach
- [Watch] Teaser Trailer for Jesse Owens Biopic 'Race'
- Danny Sapani Plays ‘Berber the Moor’ in FX’s Drama 'Bastard Executioner'
- Tamera Mowry-Housely Has 'Goosebumps!' (Photos)
- Chris Bosh and Wife Adrienne Expecting Twins
- President Obama Crashes Wedding at San Diego Golf Course (Watch)
- Taraji P. Henson Slays November Cover of Essence
- Suge Knight Sneaks Birthday Message to Son During Court (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here