*Chrisette Michelle is the new spokesperson for “Saving Our Daughters” book campaign. She hosted her first Hip-Hop 4 Education Initiative on Oct. 3 at the Bishop L. Cornelius Multi-Purpose Center at Clark Atlanta University.
“I support ‘Saving Our Daughters’ and the efforts of the “Follow the Leader” movement and what they stand for because as artist, it’s our duty to nurture, educate and provide hope for kids everywhere that might be going through some type of adversity in their lives,” Chrisette Michele explains.
Producers of the “Follow the Leader” film documentary and organizers of the “Saving Our Daughters” Book Campaign have partnered to produce a series of Hip-Hop 4 Education events nationwide to examine and discuss Hip-Hop and its impact on education in inner-city schools.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- #BLM Movement Picks Up Support from Benjamin Chavis and NNPA
- Jahlil Okafor: 76ers Rookie in Fight Outside Boston Nightspot (VIDEO)
- THE (11-27-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- R&B Soul Jazz Singer Kenya Covers 'Little Drummer Boy' (Listen)
- T-Pain to Larry King on Why He's 'Done with Making Hits!’
- Erykah Badu on Azealia Banks Beef: 'We Can Spiral Out of Control With Style'
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to His Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here