*Tyler Perry says he hasn’t read the Variety and Hollywood Reporter reviews trashing his new film “For Colored Girls,” but he has an answer for critics in general who don’t like his work.
“What I will say to Variety, to Hollywood Reporter, to any critic is this: What I know for sure is that I did the best that I could do at this time in my life,” he told reporters in New York this week. “I’m very, very proud of it and I think it’s a powerful film. I love the story, I love the acting, I love the way it’s written, the way it’s done. So, you know, it’s okay.
Perry also points out that his also been praised by critics as well.
“The Newsweek quote was, ‘Finally, a black woman’s story has been told.’ So I’m going to focus more on the positive than on the negative,” he added.
Listen to the complete interview below.
“For Colored Girls” opens in theaters Nov. 5.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Rupert Murdock...Seriously? You're Going to Define Whose 'Really Black'
- Jennifer Hudson Opens Up About Murder of Family Members
- #BlackTwitter Comes for Piers Morgan Over ‘I Love My Whiteness’
- Matt Barnes: I Was Checking On My Kids, Not Confronting Derek Fisher
- Ben Carson Now Blaming the Holocaust on Gun Control (Watch)
- Done Deal: F. Gary Gray Confirmed to Direct ‘Fast & Furious 8’
- Kelly Rowland is the New Face of Seagram’s Escapes
- Temple Board of Trustees Set to Replace Bill Cosby with Tamron Hall
- Rinkins Report: FMU's Black Male College Explorers Program helps decrease achievement gap
- Janet Jackson, Chaka Khan, The J.B.’s Considered for Rock Hall
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here