*Tyler Perry says he hasn’t read the Variety and Hollywood Reporter reviews trashing his new film “For Colored Girls,” but he has an answer for critics in general who don’t like his work.
“What I will say to Variety, to Hollywood Reporter, to any critic is this: What I know for sure is that I did the best that I could do at this time in my life,” he told reporters in New York this week. “I’m very, very proud of it and I think it’s a powerful film. I love the story, I love the acting, I love the way it’s written, the way it’s done. So, you know, it’s okay.
Perry also points out that his also been praised by critics as well.
“The Newsweek quote was, ‘Finally, a black woman’s story has been told.’ So I’m going to focus more on the positive than on the negative,” he added.
Listen to the complete interview below.
“For Colored Girls” opens in theaters Nov. 5.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Kim Zolciak Emotional in ‘DWTS’ Return Following Stroke
- Gap Band Family Feud! Ronnie Wilson Sues Charlie Wilson
- Tracy Morgan Says God Spoke to Him After Crash: ‘I Went to the Other Side’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here