*Tyler Perry says he hasn’t read the Variety and Hollywood Reporter reviews trashing his new film “For Colored Girls,” but he has an answer for critics in general who don’t like his work.
“What I will say to Variety, to Hollywood Reporter, to any critic is this: What I know for sure is that I did the best that I could do at this time in my life,” he told reporters in New York this week. “I’m very, very proud of it and I think it’s a powerful film. I love the story, I love the acting, I love the way it’s written, the way it’s done. So, you know, it’s okay.
Perry also points out that his also been praised by critics as well.
“The Newsweek quote was, ‘Finally, a black woman’s story has been told.’ So I’m going to focus more on the positive than on the negative,” he added.
Listen to the complete interview below.
“For Colored Girls” opens in theaters Nov. 5.
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Kelly Price Thinks Cops Need to Throw the book at Nick Gordon (WATCH)
- Michael Gordon Bennett Calls Himself America's Whitest Black Kid
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here