*Tyler Perry says he hasn’t read the Variety and Hollywood Reporter reviews trashing his new film “For Colored Girls,” but he has an answer for critics in general who don’t like his work.
“What I will say to Variety, to Hollywood Reporter, to any critic is this: What I know for sure is that I did the best that I could do at this time in my life,” he told reporters in New York this week. “I’m very, very proud of it and I think it’s a powerful film. I love the story, I love the acting, I love the way it’s written, the way it’s done. So, you know, it’s okay.
Perry also points out that his also been praised by critics as well.
“The Newsweek quote was, ‘Finally, a black woman’s story has been told.’ So I’m going to focus more on the positive than on the negative,” he added.
Listen to the complete interview below.
“For Colored Girls” opens in theaters Nov. 5.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- BLM Activist Charles Wade Charged With Pimping 17-Year-Old Girl
- THE (05-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Blac Chyna and Rob K Stand to Make $1 Million for Bay Pics
- Beyoncé Earns Big for Tidal, Superjam 2016 Lineup Announced
- Monica Updates Fans On Marriage Status, Praises Husband
- Endangered Gorilla Killed After 4-Yr-Old Boy Enters Habitat (WATCH Dramatic Video)
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- 'Presenting Princess Shaw' Film Review + Trailer [WATCH]
- Motown Gospel Presents 1 Mic 1 Take [email protected] Studios
- Khloe Kardashian Doesn't Believe in Divorce, Still Getting One Anyway
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here