*Recruiting Steve Harvey as host and moving production to Orlando has paid off for the producers of “Family Feud.”
Nationally, the game show’s household ratings have jumped 40 percent from the same time a year ago, reports the Orlando Sentinel.
“From the very first show we taped in Orlando, I knew Steve Harvey was going to turn this show on its head,” said executive producer Gaby Johnston. “I was sitting in the audience, and people of all ages were laughing nonstop. I knew then we had a hit, and the ratings are verifying that. Every week we go up in all demos, particularly women. I’m thrilled.”
“Feud,” which taped its current season at Universal Orlando, is bolstering WRDQ-Ch. 27 in Orlando, where the game show airs twice every weekday. “Feud” has raised the station’s household ratings 364 percent at noon and 59 percent at 6 p.m. The show also is bringing more women in the 18-to-49 and 25-to-54 age groups to WRDQ.
- Rihanna Goes Braless in New Dior Magazine Spread (Pics)
- Janet Jackson to Debut New Song on Beats 1; Reveals ‘Unbreakable’ Tracklist
- Idris Elba Responds to James Bond Author Saying He’s ‘Too Street’
- Check Out New 'Bridge' Clip from cartel-thriller SICARIO (Watch)
- NYU Removes Bill Cosby’s Name from Film Workshop Program
- Donald Trump to Kareem Abdul Jabbar: ‘You Don’t Have a Clue About Life’
- 'Slave Trade' Video Game Altered After Social Media Backlash
- Michel'le Back with New Single: 'It's Nothing' (LISTEN)
- ‘Welcome to Death Row’ Shopped as a Sequel to ‘Straight Outta Compton’
- EUR Chats with 'The Perfect Guy' Cast: Lathan, Ealy & Chestnut (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here