*Janet Jackson has been flexing her muscles lately … not her actual muscles, but her ability to transform from singer to actress to storyteller. Her latest movie with Tyler Perry, “For Colored Girls,” is bound to be a classic for her and she is also working on releasing her upcoming book “True You.” She also recently shared with the world another side of herself.
The sexy dance pioneer opened up on ABC Radio about all those things everyone wants to know about – her body, childhood, and relationships.
She didn’t mention, however, much about the passing of her late brother Michael.
On why she wrote “True You:”
“Everyone wanted to know about the weight loss, the weight gain – how do I do it … It’s just talking about my routine, my workout regimen, my nutrition. I wanted to talk about it.”
On revisiting her childhood body image issues:
“I was actually doing ‘Good Times,’ and on our first day of shooting they bound my chest because they thought my breasts were too big. I got the part when I was 10, we started shooting when I was 11 – I was developing early. It made me feel that the way that I am, it’s not good enough. That’s why I decided to call [the book] ‘True You.'”
“I’ve been married twice, I’ve been divorced twice. Even when you have someone with you 24/7, and still feeling alone – when I look back on it, it’s really, really sad. And I did a lot of that in my younger years.”
On recording a new album:
“I’ve been thinking about going back in the studio and just taking my time and playing around with it – next year.”
On Lady Gaga:
“I adore her. One of the things that I love about her, it seemed like, for a moment, melody had left music. And I feel like she understands that a great deal. I just enjoy watching her. She takes me back a lot of times to the Grace Jones days. Where it’s – I don’t mean this in a bad way at all – it’s over the top but it’s over the top fun. It’s different from everyone else that’s out there, so I enjoy watching her and listening to her music.
- Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sued for Wooing, Then, Deserting Boxer
- Nick Gordon Begs Permission to Attend Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral
- Bobbi Kristina’s Fam Feuding Over Planned Sweet 16-Themed Funeral?
- Wilson, Seahawks Agee to 4-Year, $87.5 Million Contract Extension
- Neechy Gospel: John P. Kee to Release New Project LEVEL NEXT
- Sophie Okonedo to Star in New BBC America Series ‘Undercover’
- Evan Ross, Ashlee Simpson Welcome Baby Girl
- Missy Elliott Reportedly Joins ‘The Voice’ Season 9 as a Mentor
- Dylann Roof Enters 33 ‘Not Guilty’ Pleas in Federal Court
- Unauthorized Beyoncé Bio to Reveal Inside Deets on 'SolangeGate'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here