*Following the presentation of his new short film, “Runaway,” in Paris the night before, Kanye West headed over to London’s British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) to premiere the 35-minute-long clip on Wednesday night (Oct. 6), reports Billboard.
He told the audience that the inspiration for the film was Michael Jackson’s “Thriller,” as well as Prince’s “Purple Rain” and Pink Floyd’s “The Wall.” “I wanted to do a modern version of that,” he said, according to the BBC.
West also said about “90” percent” of the music featured in the film appears on his upcoming album, “My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy,” scheduled to be released on Nov. 22.
Dressed in a black jacket, brown belt and army boots, West introduced the short film before answering questions from the audience for almost two hours, stating the clip is “an overall representation of what I dream,” and inspired by artists like Picasso and Matisse.
The story follows West as he embarks on a relationship with a girl who happens to be a phoenix, after she crashes down on Earth “from another world.” One scene even features an over-sized paper mache model of Michael Jackson’s head.
He told those in attendance that the video was shot over four days in Prague during the summer, adding, “We were doing 20-hour days with no sleep.”
West, who directed and wrote the film along with art director Vanessa Beecroft and producer Jonathan Lia, said it would receive a worldwide premiere within the next two weeks and would also be packaged with his new album.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Not a Good Cop Look: Ex-Sheriff, Lee Baca, Admits Guilt in False Statements
- Woman Accusing Chris Brown of Battery Files Lawsuit
- Wife of Thunder Asst. Coach Monty Williams Dies in Car Crash
- Diddy Joining ‘The Voice’ As Advisor to Pharrell Williams
- Janet Jackson Sighting: Paps Finally Catch Her After Surgery (Watch)
- Author of Kids Book Showing Happy Slaves Also Had Reservations
- Former Black Panthers Applaud Beyoncé’s Super Bowl Performance
- Steven Ivory: Maurice White’s Forever Hip Place
- Sheryl Lee Ralph: 'Where's My NAACP Image Award?' (WATCH)
- Stevie J Brags to Nick Cannon He Sexed Mariah Carey ... Twice!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here