*Following the presentation of his new short film, “Runaway,” in Paris the night before, Kanye West headed over to London’s British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) to premiere the 35-minute-long clip on Wednesday night (Oct. 6), reports Billboard.
He told the audience that the inspiration for the film was Michael Jackson’s “Thriller,” as well as Prince’s “Purple Rain” and Pink Floyd’s “The Wall.” “I wanted to do a modern version of that,” he said, according to the BBC.
West also said about “90” percent” of the music featured in the film appears on his upcoming album, “My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy,” scheduled to be released on Nov. 22.
Dressed in a black jacket, brown belt and army boots, West introduced the short film before answering questions from the audience for almost two hours, stating the clip is “an overall representation of what I dream,” and inspired by artists like Picasso and Matisse.
The story follows West as he embarks on a relationship with a girl who happens to be a phoenix, after she crashes down on Earth “from another world.” One scene even features an over-sized paper mache model of Michael Jackson’s head.
He told those in attendance that the video was shot over four days in Prague during the summer, adding, “We were doing 20-hour days with no sleep.”
West, who directed and wrote the film along with art director Vanessa Beecroft and producer Jonathan Lia, said it would receive a worldwide premiere within the next two weeks and would also be packaged with his new album.
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Shannon J. Miles Arrested As Suspect in Killing of Texas Deputy
- Nicole Murphy Addresses Nick Cannon Dating Rumors
- Cedric the Entertainer Hosts 3rd Annual Celebrity Golf Classic [Photos]
- Lorenzo Brown, Husband of Sister-2-Sister Publisher Jamie Brown, Dies of Cancer
- (The Black Hat) Serena Williams is a Winner, Not a Cover Girl
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'The Martian': 'Love Letter to Science' -- Matt Damon
- The Film Strip: New York Comic Con Tickets Going Fast
- 'Django Unchained' Actress Daniele Watts & Boyfriend Sentenced
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here