*Kenny Ortega, the choreographer/director responsible for turning footage of Michael Jackson’s last concert rehearsals into the documentary movie “This Is It,” has reportedly signed on to adapt the iconic music video for Jackson’s 1982 song “Thriller” into a full feature length film.
The filmmaker, who oversaw preparations for Jackson’s planned “This Is It’ tour,” is due to get behind the camera for the new film version, reports Deadline.com. “The Hangover’s” Jeremy Garelick is writing the movie’s screenplay, and Rod Temperton, the man who wrote the song, is also involved.
The original 14-minute video, which saw Jackson leading a group of zombies through a now infamous dance routine, was originally shot by director John Landis and is often considered to be the greatest pop music video of all time.
Word has it that the forthcoming film could focus on the character played by Vincent Price in the video. Price provided the video’s narrative voice as well as the rap section
According to the UK’s Guardian newspaper, the makers of the “Twilight” series of films are interested in buying the rights to the film, as are Lionsgate and Twentieth Century Fox.
There is currently no word on when filming will begin.
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here