*Kenny Ortega, the choreographer/director responsible for turning footage of Michael Jackson’s last concert rehearsals into the documentary movie “This Is It,” has reportedly signed on to adapt the iconic music video for Jackson’s 1982 song “Thriller” into a full feature length film.
The filmmaker, who oversaw preparations for Jackson’s planned “This Is It’ tour,” is due to get behind the camera for the new film version, reports Deadline.com. “The Hangover’s” Jeremy Garelick is writing the movie’s screenplay, and Rod Temperton, the man who wrote the song, is also involved.
The original 14-minute video, which saw Jackson leading a group of zombies through a now infamous dance routine, was originally shot by director John Landis and is often considered to be the greatest pop music video of all time.
Word has it that the forthcoming film could focus on the character played by Vincent Price in the video. Price provided the video’s narrative voice as well as the rap section
According to the UK’s Guardian newspaper, the makers of the “Twilight” series of films are interested in buying the rights to the film, as are Lionsgate and Twentieth Century Fox.
There is currently no word on when filming will begin.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here