*Kenny Ortega, the choreographer/director responsible for turning footage of Michael Jackson’s last concert rehearsals into the documentary movie “This Is It,” has reportedly signed on to adapt the iconic music video for Jackson’s 1982 song “Thriller” into a full feature length film.
The filmmaker, who oversaw preparations for Jackson’s planned “This Is It’ tour,” is due to get behind the camera for the new film version, reports Deadline.com. “The Hangover’s” Jeremy Garelick is writing the movie’s screenplay, and Rod Temperton, the man who wrote the song, is also involved.
The original 14-minute video, which saw Jackson leading a group of zombies through a now infamous dance routine, was originally shot by director John Landis and is often considered to be the greatest pop music video of all time.
Word has it that the forthcoming film could focus on the character played by Vincent Price in the video. Price provided the video’s narrative voice as well as the rap section
According to the UK’s Guardian newspaper, the makers of the “Twilight” series of films are interested in buying the rights to the film, as are Lionsgate and Twentieth Century Fox.
There is currently no word on when filming will begin.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Sisters In Law': Rhonda Wills Talks 'Staggering' Prince Estate and 'Criminal' Katrina Pierson [EUR Exclusive]
- Blind Boy (Christopher Ward) Sees 'Pretty' Mom for First Time (WATCH)
- Usher Responds to ‘Skinny’ Hate; ‘1st Look’ at 2Pac Shakur Biopic (WATCH)
- Would You Support a Vet Who Shot a Cat in the Head With an Arrow? (Video)
- Duane and Tisha Campbell-Martin Ordered to Turn Over ‘Dr. Ken’ Paychecks
- Cardell Hayes Gets Indicted in Former NFL Player Will Smith's Murder
- Doc Rivers Tearfully Remembers His Mother; Bankrupt: Petey Pablo
- HUD to Sue Landlords if They Deny Housing Over Criminal Records
- Wendy Williams, Steve Harvey, 'The Real' Score Emmy Nominations
- Fetty Wap Sends 'Wake Up' Message to Graduates
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here