*Kenny Ortega, the choreographer/director responsible for turning footage of Michael Jackson’s last concert rehearsals into the documentary movie “This Is It,” has reportedly signed on to adapt the iconic music video for Jackson’s 1982 song “Thriller” into a full feature length film.
The filmmaker, who oversaw preparations for Jackson’s planned “This Is It’ tour,” is due to get behind the camera for the new film version, reports Deadline.com. “The Hangover’s” Jeremy Garelick is writing the movie’s screenplay, and Rod Temperton, the man who wrote the song, is also involved.
The original 14-minute video, which saw Jackson leading a group of zombies through a now infamous dance routine, was originally shot by director John Landis and is often considered to be the greatest pop music video of all time.
Word has it that the forthcoming film could focus on the character played by Vincent Price in the video. Price provided the video’s narrative voice as well as the rap section
According to the UK’s Guardian newspaper, the makers of the “Twilight” series of films are interested in buying the rights to the film, as are Lionsgate and Twentieth Century Fox.
There is currently no word on when filming will begin.
- Jason Derulo Misjudged Potential of New Song ‘Want to Want Me’
- Watch Beyonce Frolic in Rainbow Gear to Celebrate Marriage Equality
- Emmitt Smith Backs Out of Judging Miss USA Pageant
- Serena, Venus Advance at Wimbledon, One Step Closer to Facing Each Other
- SF 49er RB Reggie Bush Puts MI Home on Market for $2.4M (Pics)
- NeNe Leakes, Betty White, Anthony Anderson Lead ABC’s ‘To Tell the Truth’ Reboot
- Easily Distracted? 5 Ways to Focus Better at the Office
- Urban Movie Channel Launches 'Fall Out Fridays' Comedy Specials
- Janet Jackson Launches New Unbreakable Diamonds Collection
- Tyga, Dule Hill, Jacob Latimore Cast in Thriller ‘Sleight’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here