*Kenny Ortega, the choreographer/director responsible for turning footage of Michael Jackson’s last concert rehearsals into the documentary movie “This Is It,” has reportedly signed on to adapt the iconic music video for Jackson’s 1982 song “Thriller” into a full feature length film.
The filmmaker, who oversaw preparations for Jackson’s planned “This Is It’ tour,” is due to get behind the camera for the new film version, reports Deadline.com. “The Hangover’s” Jeremy Garelick is writing the movie’s screenplay, and Rod Temperton, the man who wrote the song, is also involved.
The original 14-minute video, which saw Jackson leading a group of zombies through a now infamous dance routine, was originally shot by director John Landis and is often considered to be the greatest pop music video of all time.
Word has it that the forthcoming film could focus on the character played by Vincent Price in the video. Price provided the video’s narrative voice as well as the rap section
According to the UK’s Guardian newspaper, the makers of the “Twilight” series of films are interested in buying the rights to the film, as are Lionsgate and Twentieth Century Fox.
There is currently no word on when filming will begin.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- John Legend’s ‘Granny’ Meets Great Granddaughter Luna Simone (Pic)
- EUR Exclusive! Tyler Perry in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Clip #TMNT2 (WATCH)
- Prince Sax Player Joins FAMU Wind Symphony for Beautiful 'Purple Rain' Performance (Watch)
- Grad Party Cancels T.I. Gig after Shooting; Wants $55,000 Payment Back
- Google Announces $250,000 in Grants for Flint, MI Water Crisis
- THE (05-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Johnny Gill Celebrates 50th and EUR was on the Scene (Video/Photos)
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce from Lamar Odom ... Again!
- Music Producer Jazze Pha Drowning In Debt, Files for Bankruptcy
- ADIFF Holds Black Film Series May 27-29 Featuring Films by Sidney Poitier & Charles Burnett
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here