*Monica has an engagement ring on her finger from boo Shannon Brown of the LA Lakers and her stylist sent out some Twitpics of the rock as proof.
The singer, 29, met Brown, 24, this summer when he played her love interest in the video for her song “Love All Over Me.” [See video below.] And folks are already comparing their whirlwind romance with the warp speed marriage of Khloe Kardashian and Brown’s teammate Lamar Odom, who jumped the broom after only a month of dating.
“We realize people will have their opinions,” Monica Tweeted. “That’s the way of the world. But we know who we are.”
She acknowledged her “real supporters who are happy for me. I thank u, I love u, & I’m realistic enough about life”
Blogger Sandra Rose said she received a phone call from one of Monica’s family members who asked to remain anonymous. The family member had exclusive details about the engagement that she only shared with Sandrarose.com:
She said Shannon proposed to Monica last Tuesday in front of both sets of parents in a very intimate setting. The family member said Shannon wanted to break the big news to both sides of the family because “they wanted it to be private and intimate and amongst family because family is most important to them.”
She said the couple met in June, 2010, on the set Mo’s video shoot for “Love All Over Me”. She said they will continue the courtship with each other even though they are engaged. In other words, the wedding will not take place next week, or any time soon, until they are ready.
She said Monica is extremely happy and she’s telling friends that she has “never ever ever” been treated with such love and respect by a man, ever! She is stress free because her man doesn’t live in the nightclubs. Both Mo and Shannon have great relationships with their respective parents. According to the family member, the entire family will meet Shannon at Monica’s birthday bash in LA this coming weekend.
My source said, “Now that Shannon has taken the relationship to the next level, everyone will meet, the kids included.”
She said this relationship is “extremely serious” to him. They both have a mutual respect for one another.
The star has had her share of serious romantic tragedy: her childhood sweetheart committed suicide in front of her, and another beau, rapper C-Murder, is now in jail for a murder conviction.
She and longtime boyfriend Rodney “Rocko” Hill broke off their engagement several months ago. They have two sons together: Rodney, 5, and Romelo, nearly 2.
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: Why Are So Many Schools Still Named Robert E. Lee?
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits Part 2
- THE (06-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- New Book! 'Diana Ross Reflections'
- EUR on the Scene: BET Experience Fan Fest 2015 (PHOTOS!)
- NeNe Leakes Announces She's Leaving 'Real Housewives of Atlanta'
- Child Dies on Father's Day After Dad Leaves Her in Hot Car to Go Drinking
- Jada Pinkett Smith 'Magic Mike XXL' & Objectification (Watch)
- Byron Jackson Brings 'DeSean Jackson: Home Team' to BET (WATCH)
- Diddy May Catch Break in UCLA Case, but Could Lose Liquor License
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here