*T.I. is not going to be prosecuted for felony drug charges from his arrest last month on the Sunset Strip in Hollywood. Prosecutors said the amount of drugs were not significant enough to press charges.
Deputies found four ecstasy pills on the Atlanta rapper when he was pulled over.
T.I., whose real name is Clifford Harris Jr., was on supervised release after serving 10 months in prison for federal weapons charges when he was arrested Sept. 1. A Georgia judge earlier this month sentenced him to another 11 months in prison for breaking his federal parole with the latest arrest.
As a condition of his release earlier this year, Harris was ordered not to commit another federal, state or local crime while on supervised release, or to illegally possess a controlled substance. He was also told to take at least three drug tests after his release and to participate in a drug and alcohol treatment program.
“The Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office’s decision to reject TI’s case was the right thing to do under the circumstances,” Harris’ attorney, Steve Sadow, wrote in an e-mail. He commended the office for “exercising its discretion to reject prosecution in light of the legal and factual issues involved.”
T.I. is expected to begin his 11-month sentence for violating his parole Nov. 1.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here