*”Fall for TV One,” a stunning event at Boulevard 3 in Hollywood on October 14, attracted an array of celebrities of all types; there were singers, actors, rappers, talk show hosts, comedians; film and TV executives – the gamut in African American entertainment. All who showed to support TV One and its brightest stars kick off Fall 2010 – the networks new season of programming.
It was a night to remember, the red carpet was studded with Black stars reaching as far back as the 70’s, the 80’s and the 90’s; who mixed vibrantly with budding new celebs, and popular TV, radio and film personalities of today. Inside the venue, celebs danced and enjoyed upscale finger food and drink while the host of the evening actor, Anthony Anderson entertained more than 400 guest and rapper, record producer, Doug E. Fresh emceed the night’s affairs.
Many came to support head lady, Cathy Hughes, and others came to honor peers associated with TV one’s Fall 2010 programming; featuring “K-Ci and JoJo … Come Clean,” TV One’s new reality series premiering Oct.19 at 9P.M. Plus, “Unsung,” and “Washington Watch with Roland Martin.”
“I just like to support Cathy Hughes and I think she’s fabulous. [Cathy] has just done things that can make a black woman really be proud to be a black woman,” Telma Hopkins said.
Red Carpet Report
EURweb was on the scene and spoke with urban America’s most adored celebs about their relationship with TV One, and working with peers on the networks Fall 2010 shows. Also, guest of the evening talked to EURweb about their histories in the public spotlight, upcoming projects and inspiring details about successes, their recent on camera experiences and landing roles in Film and TV.
Enjoy a clip of video footage, shot by Billie Jordan on the scene for EURweb:
Bullet Points — Here’s What EURweb Reporter, Billie Jordan Found Out That Night:
- * K-Ci and JoJo endure radical medical treatments, physical training and medical and spiritual therapy to help them stay sober in “K-Ci and JoJo… Come Clean,” a new nine-episode reality series. Beginning Tuesday, Oct.19 at 9P.M. ET.
- * Telma Hopkins travels this week to Connecticut where she’s slated to play in a new film with Ice Cube, “Are We There Yet.” She didn’t have to audition for the part – She just got the call. “In Are We There Yet,” Hopkins will play a 55-year-old “cougar” who dates men younger than her son,
- * Did you know Telma Hopkins, was Nell Carter’s best friend “Addy” Wilson in “Gimme a Break” Plus, she was a singer in the 1970s pop group Tony Orlando and Dawn.
- * Mikki Howard is working on a book about her life.
- * Tommy Davidson, who has kids in college, will also play the lead voice of Will Smith’s up-and-coming cartoon series, “Youngin’s.”
- Kendyl Joi is fresh on the scene, and “Love That Girl!” is her debut television series.
- “Love That Girl” is Executive Producer, Bentley Kyle Evans’ first original sitcom.
- * Karyn White is executive producer for a new T.V. reality show “No Silver Spoons” in the works and in talks with TV One.
- * TV One serves 50.3 million households, offering a broad range of real-life and entertainment-focused original programming, classic series, movies, and music designed to entertain, inform and inspire a diverse audience of adult African American viewers.