*Gospel singer Tye Tribbett sat down with the Associated Press to explain how he betrayed the morals he learned as a child and his spiritually uplifting songs when he cheated on his wife a year ago – a misstep that resulted in her doing the same thing to him.
Tribbett had an affair with a woman from his choir, Greater Anointing — known as G.A. He said it was with a woman he and his wife had counseled, but the relationship became “her and I more than the three of us. It got out of control.”
After Tribbett’s wife found out about his side relationship, she sought revenge by cheating on him with another man. Both of their infidelities almost ended the couple’s marriage of 13 years, but the two found a way to work it out after he took a sabbatical.
Now, Tribbett is looking for a new start with his life and new album, “Fresh,” which was released this week. This will be Tribbett’s first solo album without his choir, which has released three albums with him.
The 34-year-old singer opened up about his turmoil in a recent interview.
The Associated Press: You and your family have been through a lot of drama. How did you fall into the trap of cheating on your wife?
Tribbett: I thought it was something that’ll never happen. I saw infidelity with my mom and dad who was a pastor, which made them split. I told myself that I would never do that. So when it happened in my marriage, it was like “Whoa.” God broke down my self-righteousness, my pride.
AP: How did you feel when she did the same to you?
Tribbett: As a husband it is PARAMOUNT to be there for your wife emotionally, and I blew it and I wasn’t there for her, which opened her up to fall into the same trap and commit the same sin as I did! I’m just so grateful that it wasn’t the end for us!
AP: What led you to cheat?
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here