*Gospel singer Tye Tribbett sat down with the Associated Press to explain how he betrayed the morals he learned as a child and his spiritually uplifting songs when he cheated on his wife a year ago – a misstep that resulted in her doing the same thing to him.
Tribbett had an affair with a woman from his choir, Greater Anointing — known as G.A. He said it was with a woman he and his wife had counseled, but the relationship became “her and I more than the three of us. It got out of control.”
After Tribbett’s wife found out about his side relationship, she sought revenge by cheating on him with another man. Both of their infidelities almost ended the couple’s marriage of 13 years, but the two found a way to work it out after he took a sabbatical.
Now, Tribbett is looking for a new start with his life and new album, “Fresh,” which was released this week. This will be Tribbett’s first solo album without his choir, which has released three albums with him.
The 34-year-old singer opened up about his turmoil in a recent interview.
The Associated Press: You and your family have been through a lot of drama. How did you fall into the trap of cheating on your wife?
Tribbett: I thought it was something that’ll never happen. I saw infidelity with my mom and dad who was a pastor, which made them split. I told myself that I would never do that. So when it happened in my marriage, it was like “Whoa.” God broke down my self-righteousness, my pride.
AP: How did you feel when she did the same to you?
Tribbett: As a husband it is PARAMOUNT to be there for your wife emotionally, and I blew it and I wasn’t there for her, which opened her up to fall into the same trap and commit the same sin as I did! I’m just so grateful that it wasn’t the end for us!
AP: What led you to cheat?
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- RECAP: Empire (S2, Ep9) Sinned Against
- Jason Kidd Suspended for Slapping Ball Out of Ref’s Hand (Watch)
- Mariah Carey, Ex-Husband Nick Cannon Spend Thanksgiving Together
- Siri Gives Taraji P. Henson Attitude in New Apple Music Ad
- Provocative New Ebook Details Trump and the GOP’s Race Baiting History and the White House Race
- Put the 'Black' Back in 'Black Friday'
- Kerry Washington Gives Props to her Hubby: ‘The Real Gladiator’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here