*An unknown person has launched a legal challenge against the recent prison sentence handed down to T.I.
According to TMZ, a person under the name “Citizens of the State of Atlanta Georgia” filed documents in federal court in Atlanta arguing that jailing the rapper for 11 months after he violated the terms of his parole would be a waste of tax dollars.
Signing the document “CSAG” (see photo below), the person proposes that T.I.’s jail sentence be tossed and that he go to rehab instead.
Neither the prosecution nor the star’s representatives claimed to know the identity of any members of the group and T.I.’s lawyer, Steve Sadow, stated that there were no plans to appeal the sentence.
The website adds that the man T.I. helped save from committing suicide has denied his involvement with the group.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ahmad Rashad Gets Married For Fifth Time
- Mary J. Blige Joins Jason Mitchell in Dee Rees Film ‘Mudbound’
- 2 Cops in Freddie Gray Case File Defamation Suit Against Marilyn Mosby
- Report: Whoopi Goldberg Signs $2.5M, 1-Yr Deal With ‘The View’
- Spike Lee’s ESPN Mini Docs ‘Lil’ Joints’ Return on 5/31 (View Titles and Schedule)
- Lifetime to Air Uzo Aduba, Cicely Tyson Film ‘Showing Roots’ on Sat, May 26 (Trailer)
- ‘Empire’ Finishes No 1 in Black Households, Social Media and Other Key Demos
- Therez Fleetwood's 'Men and Intimacy: Real Talk... Real Answers' Reveals Answers to What Men Want
- First Look: Rihanna’s New Line of Star Trek-Inspired Dior Sunglasses
- Opinion: How Democratic Superdelegates decided the 2016 Election
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here