*An unknown person has launched a legal challenge against the recent prison sentence handed down to T.I.
According to TMZ, a person under the name “Citizens of the State of Atlanta Georgia” filed documents in federal court in Atlanta arguing that jailing the rapper for 11 months after he violated the terms of his parole would be a waste of tax dollars.
Signing the document “CSAG” (see photo below), the person proposes that T.I.’s jail sentence be tossed and that he go to rehab instead.
Neither the prosecution nor the star’s representatives claimed to know the identity of any members of the group and T.I.’s lawyer, Steve Sadow, stated that there were no plans to appeal the sentence.
The website adds that the man T.I. helped save from committing suicide has denied his involvement with the group.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- 'Blue Lives Matter' Billboard Campaign Aims to Honor Cops ... And Distract From 'That Other One'
- Snoop Dogg, Birdman, Jermaine Dupri, Damon Dash to Star in BET Reality Series
- Three 6 Mafia Rapper Koopsta Knicca Dies of Stroke at 40
- Freshman, 18, Dies in Shooting at Texas Southern University; Obama Protested in Ore.
- Baltimore Mayor Compares Cop/Community Relations to Bad Marriage
- Malcolm Jamal Warner: ‘Cosby Show’ Legacy ‘Tarnished’ by Bill Cosby (Watch)
- Raven Symone Says She Wouldn't Hire Someone With Ethnic Sounding Name; #BlackTwitter Pounces
- What Happened to US Government Employee Kanika Powell?
- Danny Glover Joins Gabrielle Union's ‘A Meyer’s Christmas’; Ernie Hudson Added to ‘Graves’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here