*There’s more suppressed anger, and therefore, a lot more humming in the full 15-minute clip of singer D’Atra Hicks on “Divorce Court.”
An edited version of her appearance became a viral hit after Ellen DeGeneres played it on her talk show earlier this month.
In the full version (seen below), we learn that Hicks – a star in Tyler Perry’s “Madea’s Family Reunion” stage show (see 2nd clip below) – met her husband Loren Harper on the Internet and he’s been lying to her ever since he put a ring on it.
That ring, which Loren ended up stealing from Hicks and giving to his baby mama (seen in orange above), was given back to her toward the end of their testimony. Afterward, in the hallway outside of the courtroom, her humming gave way to full-throated riffs of “I got my ring!”
D’Atra Hicks in the play Madea’s Family Reunion.
D’Atra Hicks in the 2003 stage play The Maintenance Man.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 18,500 Parents, Students, and Educators Rally to Demand End to 'Tale of Two School Systems' in New York City [PHOTOS]
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Universal Pictures’ Steve Jobs is a Brilliant Look into a Genius' Mind
- Raven Symone Hates Ethnic Names, Nicki Minaj Beef, Kardashian's Named 1st Family | BHL's This Week
- Jennifer Lopez to Host & Perform the '2015 American Music Awards'
- Instagram Users Post Pics of Male North West Look-alikes
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- 'Blue Lives Matter' Billboard Campaign Aims to Honor Cops ... And Distract From 'That Other One'
- Snoop Dogg, Birdman, Jermaine Dupri, Damon Dash to Star in BET Reality Series
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here