*There’s more suppressed anger, and therefore, a lot more humming in the full 15-minute clip of singer D’Atra Hicks on “Divorce Court.”
An edited version of her appearance became a viral hit after Ellen DeGeneres played it on her talk show earlier this month.
In the full version (seen below), we learn that Hicks – a star in Tyler Perry’s “Madea’s Family Reunion” stage show (see 2nd clip below) – met her husband Loren Harper on the Internet and he’s been lying to her ever since he put a ring on it.
That ring, which Loren ended up stealing from Hicks and giving to his baby mama (seen in orange above), was given back to her toward the end of their testimony. Afterward, in the hallway outside of the courtroom, her humming gave way to full-throated riffs of “I got my ring!”
D’Atra Hicks in the play Madea’s Family Reunion.
D’Atra Hicks in the 2003 stage play The Maintenance Man.
- MTV Presents 'White People' Documentary
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Video: Tidal Releases Bizzy Crook's 'From Everything Came Nothing'
- Tasha Cobbs' 'One Place Live' Releases August 21 on Motown Gospel
- Tia Mowry and Pooch Hall Return for 'The Game' Finale
- Problem? Teen Vogue Uses Fair Models for African Braids Feature
- Bobby Seale, Black Panther Professor, Gives History Lesson to D'Angelo (Watch)
- Nick Gordon's Defense in Bobbi Kristina Case: Drugs Responsible
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here