*Aretha Franklin has canceled all concert dates and personal appearances through May on the orders of her doctors, the singer’s spokeswoman said Thursday.
The news came on the heels of her announcement that Franklin had been released over the weekend from a Detroit hospital following a brief stay. Publicist Tracey Jordan said Tuesday Franklin was “resting comfortably at home, but is anxious to get back on the road to perform for her countless fans around the world.”
Jordan still won’t reveal the exact nature of 68-year-old Franklin’s ailment.
“Her doctors have required her” to cancel the appearances, Jordan told The Associated Press without further details.
It’s been a tumultuous several months for the Queen of Soul, whose hits include “(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman,” “Chain of Fools” and her signature song, “Respect.”
Her adult son, Eddie, was beaten by three men at a Detroit gas station in September. And a month earlier, she broke ribs in a fall, causing her to miss two free concerts in New York.
One of the shows now being canceled is a Christmas concert scheduled for Detroit’s Fox Theatre on Dec. 9. Theater operator Olympia Entertainment said the show was being called off “due to medical reasons.”
- Deya Gets Direct with Single Men (WATCH)
- Kendrick Lamar Responds to Geraldo Rivera's Crazy Criticism
- BET Awards Fashion on Fleek (Watch)
- ‘Star Trek's’ George Takei: Clarence Thomas is ‘A Clown in Blackface’ (WATCH)
- Shocking Radiation Experiments on Black Children Left Holes in Head (Watch)
- Lupita Nyong’o Joins the Fight Against Elephant Poaching
- Tiger Woods in Denial Mode About Affair with Fellow Golfer’s Ex-Wife
- Jesse Jackson Blasts Twitter for Lack of Black and Minority Employees
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- Dwyane Wade Resigns with the Miami Heat.
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here