*Aretha Franklin has canceled all concert dates and personal appearances through May on the orders of her doctors, the singer’s spokeswoman said Thursday.
The news came on the heels of her announcement that Franklin had been released over the weekend from a Detroit hospital following a brief stay. Publicist Tracey Jordan said Tuesday Franklin was “resting comfortably at home, but is anxious to get back on the road to perform for her countless fans around the world.”
Jordan still won’t reveal the exact nature of 68-year-old Franklin’s ailment.
“Her doctors have required her” to cancel the appearances, Jordan told The Associated Press without further details.
It’s been a tumultuous several months for the Queen of Soul, whose hits include “(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman,” “Chain of Fools” and her signature song, “Respect.”
Her adult son, Eddie, was beaten by three men at a Detroit gas station in September. And a month earlier, she broke ribs in a fall, causing her to miss two free concerts in New York.
One of the shows now being canceled is a Christmas concert scheduled for Detroit’s Fox Theatre on Dec. 9. Theater operator Olympia Entertainment said the show was being called off “due to medical reasons.”
- Nicki Minaj Wax Figure Getting Makeover After Fans Pressure Museum
- 'Selfish' Kardashians Being Sued Over Disruptive Fireworks Show
- Who T-Pain, Vic Mensa & A$AP Rocky Wanna Collab With (WATCH)
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- O.J. Simpson Fuming: Women Have Stopped Sending Him Commissary Money
- Gospel Sensation Naomi B Releases New Single, ‘Break Free’ (LISTEN)
- White Police Chief Gets Home Detention for Killing Unarmed Black Man
- Casting Complete for Brandy’s New BET Series ‘Zoe Ever After’
- Rosie O’Donnell Checks Elisabeth Hasselbeck for Calling #BlackLivesMatter a Hate Group
- Perspective on Harris Co. Deputy's Death by Project 21 Member Who Served with Him
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here