*Aretha Franklin has canceled all concert dates and personal appearances through May on the orders of her doctors, the singer’s spokeswoman said Thursday.
The news came on the heels of her announcement that Franklin had been released over the weekend from a Detroit hospital following a brief stay. Publicist Tracey Jordan said Tuesday Franklin was “resting comfortably at home, but is anxious to get back on the road to perform for her countless fans around the world.”
Jordan still won’t reveal the exact nature of 68-year-old Franklin’s ailment.
“Her doctors have required her” to cancel the appearances, Jordan told The Associated Press without further details.
It’s been a tumultuous several months for the Queen of Soul, whose hits include “(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman,” “Chain of Fools” and her signature song, “Respect.”
Her adult son, Eddie, was beaten by three men at a Detroit gas station in September. And a month earlier, she broke ribs in a fall, causing her to miss two free concerts in New York.
One of the shows now being canceled is a Christmas concert scheduled for Detroit’s Fox Theatre on Dec. 9. Theater operator Olympia Entertainment said the show was being called off “due to medical reasons.”
- Naomi Campbell Convicted of Assault By Italian Court
- Whites Burst into Black Girl's Birthday Party Holding Confed Flags (Watch)
- Ice & Coco Expecting Baby Girl, Talk is Key to a Successful Marriage (VIDEO)
- Thursday's First Republican Debate Line Up Released
- Joe Jackson Out of the Hospital After Stroke
- Woman Sues Lee Daniels for $300M Claiming She Inspired Cookie Role
- Banned from Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral, Nick Gordon Mourns on Beach
- Jadeveon Clowney’s Dad Charged with Attempted Murder
- Two Dead, Several Hurt at After Party for Drake’s OVO Fest
- Former Detroit Lions RB Mel Farr Dies at 70
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here