*After reviewing government data, the Associated Press reported last week that an astonishing 72 percent of African American babies are born to unwed mothers.
The Black out-of-wedlock figures far exceed those of any other segment of the population.
According to the report, the Black female 72 percent out-of-wedlock figure compares to 17 percent for Asian American women; 29 percent for white women; 53 percent for Hispanic women; and 66 percent for Native American women.
A wide range of studies suggest that children born and raised in single parent homes tend to do more poorly in school and have greater developmental problems than those raised in two-parent households.
Why do so many Black women have children out-of-wedlock. No one appears to know for sure. But some have accused the welfare and social service systems which tend to drive men out of home and eliminate the need for marriage as an economic institution. (source: Journal & Times)
- Beautiful Diversity of Redheads of African Descent Documented
- Zendaya Checks Twitter Hater Who Called her Parents ‘Ugly’
- Chris Brown Rips Baby Mama for Having a BF Accused of Forgery
- Watch Serena Williams Do Her Karaoke Thing with 'The Little Mermaid'
- Who Knew?! Chris Brown Owns 14 Burger King Restaurants
- Ex-NFLer Simeon Rice Brings Thriller 'Unsullied' to Screens Nationally
- Uncle Luke Says Rappers 'Wasn't Wifin' Hoes' Before Kanye
- Louisiana Man: 'I've Never Had a Racist Bone in My Body' ... But Don't Tempt Me! (Watch)
- Derrick Rose Responds to Drugging/Rape Claims From Ex-Girlfriend
- Russell Westbrook's Weekend Plans Include Wedding to Girlfriend
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here