*For the second time in Oprah show history, every member of her studio audience received a brand new car.
On day two of her two-part “Oprah’s Favorite Things” promotion, which aired Monday, Winfrey announced that her final giveaway is a 2012 Volkswagen Beetle to all 275 members of her audience.
The car was revealed in silhouette because its official debut won’t be until spring 2011. Pricing for the car has also not been announced. VW said the vehicle is scheduled to go on sale the following fall.
Winfrey owns and drives a New Beetle and approached the automaker to arrange giving away the cars on her show, VW said in an announcement.
Volkswagen donated all the cars, plus money to cover taxes and fees for all of the audience members, the automaker said.
In 2004, Winfrey gave 276 Pontiac G6 cars to her audience. That time audience members were able to go out to the parking lot and inspect their cars immediately.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- He Used to Walk 21-Miles to Work, Now He Drives & is Overweight
- Malcolm Jamal Warner on Ride-Or-Die Friendship Between OJ and AC (Exclusive)
- Master P Sued Over Failure to Deliver Snoop Dogg in Dubai
- Grammys: Ice Cube & Son to Present; Miguel to Sing 'She's Out Of My Life'
- Yolanda Adams Added to Fox’s Live Musical ‘The Passion’
- Lance Stephenson Drags Ex K. Michelle Over ‘Down in the DM’ Remix
- Cleveland Rescinds $500 ER Bill Sent to Tamir Rice’s Family
- Not a Good Cop Look: Ex-Sheriff, Lee Baca, Admits Guilt in False Statements
- Woman Accusing Chris Brown of Battery Files Lawsuit
- Wife of Thunder Asst. Coach Monty Williams Dies in Car Crash
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here