*For the second time in Oprah show history, every member of her studio audience received a brand new car.
On day two of her two-part “Oprah’s Favorite Things” promotion, which aired Monday, Winfrey announced that her final giveaway is a 2012 Volkswagen Beetle to all 275 members of her audience.
The car was revealed in silhouette because its official debut won’t be until spring 2011. Pricing for the car has also not been announced. VW said the vehicle is scheduled to go on sale the following fall.
Winfrey owns and drives a New Beetle and approached the automaker to arrange giving away the cars on her show, VW said in an announcement.
Volkswagen donated all the cars, plus money to cover taxes and fees for all of the audience members, the automaker said.
In 2004, Winfrey gave 276 Pontiac G6 cars to her audience. That time audience members were able to go out to the parking lot and inspect their cars immediately.
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Beverly Johnson: 'The Face That Changed It All' - EUR BOOK REVIEW
- Janelle Monáe & Wondaland Records Artists ‘Speak Up’ on #BlackLivesMatter
- #BlackLivesMatter Critic Peggy Hubbard Tells Activists to 'Bite Me'
- The Weeknd Covers Beyonce at Billboard Hot 100 Festival [Watch]
- Ohio Cop Pulls Man Over for 'Making Direct Eye Contact' (Watch)
- WATCH! Rapper Kevin Gates Viciously Kicks Woman in Chest/Facial Area
- History Making ‘Les Miserables’ Star Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dies at 21
- EUR on the Scene: Exclusive Look Inside the 2015 VMAs
- Jamaican Author Shares Her Story on Being Raped at Gunpoint; Empowers Women to Triumph Over Adversity
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here