*If you want an answer to what’s been called “black male bashing” in films, you’ve got it. Check out season three Robert Townsend’s award-winning web-series “Diary of a Single Mom.” You can instantly view it HERE.
“Diary of a Single Mom” is a web based original series that chronicles the lives and challenges of three single mothers and their families trying to get ahead despite obstacles that all single mothers face, such as childcare, healthcare, education and finances.
The series is produced and directed by award-winning filmmaker Robert Townsend, renowned for such films as “Hollywood Shuffle” and “Meteor Man” and written by award-winning playwright and screenwriter Cheryl L. West.
Although this series is released on the Public Internet Channel, (www.PIC.TV) it’s no joke. This is serious drama. Be prepared to witness some of the best acting you’ll ever see anywhere. It features an unbelievable cast that will keep you tuned in from episode to episode, or should we say, webisode to webisode.
Have a seat and enjoy, Monica Calhoun, Leon, Valery Ortiz, Janice Lynde, Richard Roundtree, and Billy Dee Williams. Plus, for season three, Diahann Carroll has joined the cast. Are you thinking soap opera? Well, this excellent web series has already won awards for Best Indie Soap and Best Guest Actor from the Indie Soap Awards, 2009, but so far, it’s not considered a soap.
As we alluded to at the top, critics of “black male bashing” – which has arguably been seen on the screen in titles such as “Precious” and “For Colored Girls” – should love this series. Oh yeah, wait till you get a load of Lou Bailey, played by Richard Roundtree and Mike, played by Leon. But since some folks aren’t easily pleased, we have the feeling those same folks will say that Lou Bailey and Mike are just too good to be true. Well, you can be the judge of that when you check out the series.
Besides the incredible writing, directing and acting, there’s something else that makes this “Diary” special, meaningful and useful. Townsend, at the suggestion of Executive Producer Rey Reynolds, has integrated a viewer/user platform full of resources that deals with the issues and circumstances depicted in the web series.
The Public Internet Channel is an informing, engaging, mult-imedia experience that inspires and empowers its viewers to actively take steps to improve their lives. Essentially PIC programming has also provided the tools for viewers to dig deeper and explore ways to put their inspiration into action.
Exclusive Video: “Diary of a Single Mom” director and cast 1-on-1s with Billie Jordan:
Exclusive Audio: “Diary of a Single Mom” Press Junket:
- Deya Direct Takes the Man Whisperer Conversation to the Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion!
- Student Who Made Light of Deputy's Death Online, and Showed Support for #Blacklivesmatter, Arrested
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts
- Teyana Taylor Expecting First Child with Iman Shumpert
- Cynthia Bailey Could Be Demoted on 'Housewives' for Kicking Porsha
- Bokeem Woodbine Looking Like Shaft in ‘Fargo’ Season 2
- Louisiana Cop Exposed in KKK Photo Still On Force; Refuses to Resign
- Man Found With O.J. Simpson’s Stolen Heisman Trophy Arrested
- Afroman Avoids Jail After Punching a Woman in the Face
- ‘The Voice’ Beef: Gwen Stefani Not Happy With Rihanna’s ‘Advisor’ Role?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here