*If you want an answer to what’s been called “black male bashing” in films, you’ve got it. Check out season three Robert Townsend’s award-winning web-series “Diary of a Single Mom.” You can instantly view it HERE.
“Diary of a Single Mom” is a web based original series that chronicles the lives and challenges of three single mothers and their families trying to get ahead despite obstacles that all single mothers face, such as childcare, healthcare, education and finances.
The series is produced and directed by award-winning filmmaker Robert Townsend, renowned for such films as “Hollywood Shuffle” and “Meteor Man” and written by award-winning playwright and screenwriter Cheryl L. West.
Although this series is released on the Public Internet Channel, (www.PIC.TV) it’s no joke. This is serious drama. Be prepared to witness some of the best acting you’ll ever see anywhere. It features an unbelievable cast that will keep you tuned in from episode to episode, or should we say, webisode to webisode.
Have a seat and enjoy, Monica Calhoun, Leon, Valery Ortiz, Janice Lynde, Richard Roundtree, and Billy Dee Williams. Plus, for season three, Diahann Carroll has joined the cast. Are you thinking soap opera? Well, this excellent web series has already won awards for Best Indie Soap and Best Guest Actor from the Indie Soap Awards, 2009, but so far, it’s not considered a soap.
As we alluded to at the top, critics of “black male bashing” – which has arguably been seen on the screen in titles such as “Precious” and “For Colored Girls” – should love this series. Oh yeah, wait till you get a load of Lou Bailey, played by Richard Roundtree and Mike, played by Leon. But since some folks aren’t easily pleased, we have the feeling those same folks will say that Lou Bailey and Mike are just too good to be true. Well, you can be the judge of that when you check out the series.
Besides the incredible writing, directing and acting, there’s something else that makes this “Diary” special, meaningful and useful. Townsend, at the suggestion of Executive Producer Rey Reynolds, has integrated a viewer/user platform full of resources that deals with the issues and circumstances depicted in the web series.
The Public Internet Channel is an informing, engaging, mult-imedia experience that inspires and empowers its viewers to actively take steps to improve their lives. Essentially PIC programming has also provided the tools for viewers to dig deeper and explore ways to put their inspiration into action.
Exclusive Video: “Diary of a Single Mom” director and cast 1-on-1s with Billie Jordan:
Exclusive Audio: “Diary of a Single Mom” Press Junket:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ashanti Produces New Film ('Mothers and Daughters') with Superstar Cast (Watch)
- Birdman on 'Respek' Trending & Confronting The Breakfast Club
- Report Says Percocet Found in Prince's System
- Rappers Arrested for Credit Card Fraud after Rapping about Crimes in Songs
- L. A. City Hall Salutes 'Prince' on Friday, May 6, (Open to Public FREE)
- Alicia Keys Drops New Single - Ellen's $10,000 Gift to Dance Crew (WATCH)
- Prince’s ‘Kiss’ Performed Randomly on Subway Just Days Before He Died (Watch)
- Behind the Scenes of Janet Jackson’s New Video for ‘Dammn Baby’ (Watch)
- #AirbnbWhileBlack Exposes Racism Faced by Black Renters
- ‘Dear White People’ to Become a Netflix Series
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here