*If you’re a fan of super model Iman, you’ll enjoy this conversation Harper’s Simon Doonan had with the unpredictable and still beautiful lady from Somalia.
If by chance you didn’t know it before, in this interview you’ll see how funky, fun and naughty Iman is. She and Doonan talk about everything from eternal glamour, her fancying (her husband) David Bowie and some of her most insane moments modeling:
Simon Doonan: How many times a day do you Google yourself?
Iman: Every five minutes. I simply can’t take my eyes off myself. Kidding! I would rather Google other people than Google myself.
SD: Have you ever thrown a cell phone at anyone?
Iman: No! And if anyone threw one at me, it would come right back at them like a boomerang. If I feel frustrated in a situation, I take a deep breath and walk away.
SD: Do you and David ever fight? [Iman has been married to rock god David Bowie for 18 years.]
Iman: David doesn’t fight. He is English, so he just stays quiet. I’m the screamer. Then he always makes me laugh. It’s like cabaret. I keep him entertained too. I still fancy him-totally!-after all these years.
SD: Which Bowie song do you adore?
Iman: So many! “Heroes” especially. “Suffragette City” always gets me dancing with my little girl, Lexi [age 10].
SD: Who takes more time to get ready?
Iman: David takes five minutes. Me? I don’t do anything by myself. I have a whole crew to get me ready every day.
SD: How many falls and wiglets do you own?
Iman: Millions! I believe in glamour. I am in favor of a little vanity. I don’t rely on just my genes. Looking good is a commitment to yourself and to others. Wigs, killer heels, Pilates, even fillers-whatever works for you, honey.
SD: What is the worst thing about being a parent?
Iman: The early mornings. There is soccer and music class at 7:30 A.M. Remember, I am 55. I can only take so much!
Read more of the interview here.
Watch this featurette on Iman:
- Why Aren't Our Black Celebrities Supporting Black Theatre ... Financially?
- Bobby Shmurda's Girlfriend Busted Smuggling Shank Into Rikers
- B.Scott Accompanies Laverne Cox to BET Awards
- Nick Cannon Weighs in on Mariah Carey and her New Man
- Jason Derulo Misjudged Potential of New Song ‘Want to Want Me’
- Watch Beyonce Frolic in Rainbow Gear to Celebrate Marriage Equality
- Emmitt Smith Backs Out of Judging Miss USA Pageant
- Serena, Venus Advance at Wimbledon, One Step Closer to Facing Each Other
- SF 49er RB Reggie Bush Puts MI Home on Market for $2.4M (Pics)
- NeNe Leakes, Betty White, Anthony Anderson Lead ABC’s ‘To Tell the Truth’ Reboot
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here