*If you’re a fan of super model Iman, you’ll enjoy this conversation Harper’s Simon Doonan had with the unpredictable and still beautiful lady from Somalia.
If by chance you didn’t know it before, in this interview you’ll see how funky, fun and naughty Iman is. She and Doonan talk about everything from eternal glamour, her fancying (her husband) David Bowie and some of her most insane moments modeling:
Simon Doonan: How many times a day do you Google yourself?
Iman: Every five minutes. I simply can’t take my eyes off myself. Kidding! I would rather Google other people than Google myself.
SD: Have you ever thrown a cell phone at anyone?
Iman: No! And if anyone threw one at me, it would come right back at them like a boomerang. If I feel frustrated in a situation, I take a deep breath and walk away.
SD: Do you and David ever fight? [Iman has been married to rock god David Bowie for 18 years.]
Iman: David doesn’t fight. He is English, so he just stays quiet. I’m the screamer. Then he always makes me laugh. It’s like cabaret. I keep him entertained too. I still fancy him-totally!-after all these years.
SD: Which Bowie song do you adore?
Iman: So many! “Heroes” especially. “Suffragette City” always gets me dancing with my little girl, Lexi [age 10].
SD: Who takes more time to get ready?
Iman: David takes five minutes. Me? I don’t do anything by myself. I have a whole crew to get me ready every day.
SD: How many falls and wiglets do you own?
Iman: Millions! I believe in glamour. I am in favor of a little vanity. I don’t rely on just my genes. Looking good is a commitment to yourself and to others. Wigs, killer heels, Pilates, even fillers-whatever works for you, honey.
SD: What is the worst thing about being a parent?
Iman: The early mornings. There is soccer and music class at 7:30 A.M. Remember, I am 55. I can only take so much!
Read more of the interview here.
Watch this featurette on Iman:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Oprah Winfrey, Audra McDonald, Patina Miller to Present at Tonys
- Chad Coleman Supports ‘Wire’ Costar Wendell Pierce Amid Battery Allegation
- NFL Vet Hines Ward Joins CNN, HLN as Sports Contributor
- Who Wore it Best? Rihanna vs. Julia Roberts
- Inside The Obamas’ Rumored D.C. Rental Home After Presidency (Pics)
- Ohio Detectives Caught on Tape Calling Trayvon Martin N-Word
- Kim & Kanye Threaten Former Bodyguard with $10M Lawsuit
- The Weeknd, Belly Nix ‘Kimmel’ Performance Over Donald Trump Appearance
- T.I. New York City Concert Shooting: 1 Dead, 3 Wounded
- Generation Rent: How Young Families are Adapting to Apartment Living
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here