*Jill Scott is something like her music, soulful, genuine, loving and unselfish. While the singer is just a busy woman, she finds a little time to go back home and give back.
On Dec. 4, Scott will return to her hometown, Philadelphia, to host the second Blues Babe Foundation fundraiser and silent auction to benefit her nonprofit at the same time.
“Blues Babe has been a blessing in my life and having the means to give back, empower students and communities is an experience like no other,” Scott said.
The event will take place at Material Culture. All proceeds will go toward Camp Jill Scott, Blues Babes Music in the Classroom and the same org’s scholarship fund.
Blues Babe, named for Scott’s grandmother, was launched in 2002 to help students in impoverished communities by providing programs that promote leadership and academic excellence.
The foundation has been involved with various projects and has contributed to some big things in Philly. Blues Babe donated $100,000 to renovate the Cecil B. Moor Recreation Center as well.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here