*Jill Scott is something like her music, soulful, genuine, loving and unselfish. While the singer is just a busy woman, she finds a little time to go back home and give back.
On Dec. 4, Scott will return to her hometown, Philadelphia, to host the second Blues Babe Foundation fundraiser and silent auction to benefit her nonprofit at the same time.
“Blues Babe has been a blessing in my life and having the means to give back, empower students and communities is an experience like no other,” Scott said.
The event will take place at Material Culture. All proceeds will go toward Camp Jill Scott, Blues Babes Music in the Classroom and the same org’s scholarship fund.
Blues Babe, named for Scott’s grandmother, was launched in 2002 to help students in impoverished communities by providing programs that promote leadership and academic excellence.
The foundation has been involved with various projects and has contributed to some big things in Philly. Blues Babe donated $100,000 to renovate the Cecil B. Moor Recreation Center as well.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Kelly Price Thinks Cops Need to Throw the book at Nick Gordon (WATCH)
- Michael Gordon Bennett Calls Himself America's Whitest Black Kid
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here