*Jill Scott is something like her music, soulful, genuine, loving and unselfish. While the singer is just a busy woman, she finds a little time to go back home and give back.
On Dec. 4, Scott will return to her hometown, Philadelphia, to host the second Blues Babe Foundation fundraiser and silent auction to benefit her nonprofit at the same time.
“Blues Babe has been a blessing in my life and having the means to give back, empower students and communities is an experience like no other,” Scott said.
The event will take place at Material Culture. All proceeds will go toward Camp Jill Scott, Blues Babes Music in the Classroom and the same org’s scholarship fund.
Blues Babe, named for Scott’s grandmother, was launched in 2002 to help students in impoverished communities by providing programs that promote leadership and academic excellence.
The foundation has been involved with various projects and has contributed to some big things in Philly. Blues Babe donated $100,000 to renovate the Cecil B. Moor Recreation Center as well.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Great Beginnings Hosts: 'It Takes a Village' to Celebrate Healthy Babies, Friday May 27
- THE (05-25-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Report: Tamar's Attitude Towards ('The Real') Producers Did Her in
- Ringside Update / A Triple Boxing Championship Weekend
- Soulja Boy Exaggerated $400M Payday from World Poker Fund
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here