*Jill Scott is something like her music, soulful, genuine, loving and unselfish. While the singer is just a busy woman, she finds a little time to go back home and give back.
On Dec. 4, Scott will return to her hometown, Philadelphia, to host the second Blues Babe Foundation fundraiser and silent auction to benefit her nonprofit at the same time.
“Blues Babe has been a blessing in my life and having the means to give back, empower students and communities is an experience like no other,” Scott said.
The event will take place at Material Culture. All proceeds will go toward Camp Jill Scott, Blues Babes Music in the Classroom and the same org’s scholarship fund.
Blues Babe, named for Scott’s grandmother, was launched in 2002 to help students in impoverished communities by providing programs that promote leadership and academic excellence.
The foundation has been involved with various projects and has contributed to some big things in Philly. Blues Babe donated $100,000 to renovate the Cecil B. Moor Recreation Center as well.
- Black Lives Matter Members React to Fox News with Love
- Fellas Define Feminism At MTV VMAs (Watch)
- Ten Years After Hurricane Katrina: Changing Hearts, Minds and Systems in New Orleans
- Eunice Moseley Featured Expert in Dr. Logan Westbrooks’ ‘The Anatomy of the Music Industry’
- Best Ranking of the Most Badass Fictional Weapons
- THE (09-04-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Deya Direct Takes the Man Whisperer Conversation to the Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion!
- Student Who Made Light of Deputy's Death Online, and Showed Support for #Blacklivesmatter, Arrested
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts
- Teyana Taylor Expecting First Child with Iman Shumpert
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here