*Katie Couric traded in her CBS Nightly News duties on November 17 to host an organic food buffet at the New York home of Dr. Howard Sobel and his wife Gayle.
The evening was in honor of fitness guru High Voltage’s school program “Energy Up.” Couric is onboard to help inner city girls in high school get healthy, build their self esteem, and, as Voltage says, “Be Fit, Fierce and Fabulous.”
At the event, the ladies appointed Dr. Roni DeLuz, the only African American woman to remain on the New York Times bestselling list for almost a year, author of “21 Pounds in 21 Days: The Martha’s Vineyard Detox,” to their medical advisory board.
Dr. Roni will work with Voltage and the girls to teach them about nutrition and how important eating and juicing vegetables are for your life.
Three of the girls were present and will join Dr. Roni and her co-author James Hester to do the Martha’s Vineyard Diet Detox in January.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Shanice Williams Says She and Dorothy Are the Same in 'The Wiz Live!'
- John Legend Records First-Ever Holiday Duet With the Stars [Listen]
- Porsha Williams, Cynthia Bailey 'RHOA' Fight, Time to Retire B-word?
- Vivica A. Fox Wants an 'Empire' Spinoff Based on Candace
- Report: Tom Joyner Being Forced Out of Own Radio Show; Russ Parr to Take Over
- 50 Cent Sitcom ‘My Friend 50’ Headed to Fox
- The Best of Black Twitter’s #PopeBars
- Mom of Ronald Johnson Wants Dashcam Video of Son's Killing Released (VIdeo)
- 'L&HHH's' Milan Christopher Denies Dating ‘Empire’s’ Jussie Smollett
- Anthony Anderson Inks Multi-Year Deal With NAACP Image Awards
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here