*Katie Couric traded in her CBS Nightly News duties on November 17 to host an organic food buffet at the New York home of Dr. Howard Sobel and his wife Gayle.
The evening was in honor of fitness guru High Voltage’s school program “Energy Up.” Couric is onboard to help inner city girls in high school get healthy, build their self esteem, and, as Voltage says, “Be Fit, Fierce and Fabulous.”
At the event, the ladies appointed Dr. Roni DeLuz, the only African American woman to remain on the New York Times bestselling list for almost a year, author of “21 Pounds in 21 Days: The Martha’s Vineyard Detox,” to their medical advisory board.
Dr. Roni will work with Voltage and the girls to teach them about nutrition and how important eating and juicing vegetables are for your life.
Three of the girls were present and will join Dr. Roni and her co-author James Hester to do the Martha’s Vineyard Diet Detox in January.
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Watch Obama Meet Woman Named Weezy and Break Into ‘Jeffersons’ Theme Song
- Queen Latifah Moved By Her Own ‘Bessie’ Performance: I ‘Made Myself Cry’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here