*Katie Couric traded in her CBS Nightly News duties on November 17 to host an organic food buffet at the New York home of Dr. Howard Sobel and his wife Gayle.
The evening was in honor of fitness guru High Voltage’s school program “Energy Up.” Couric is onboard to help inner city girls in high school get healthy, build their self esteem, and, as Voltage says, “Be Fit, Fierce and Fabulous.”
At the event, the ladies appointed Dr. Roni DeLuz, the only African American woman to remain on the New York Times bestselling list for almost a year, author of “21 Pounds in 21 Days: The Martha’s Vineyard Detox,” to their medical advisory board.
Dr. Roni will work with Voltage and the girls to teach them about nutrition and how important eating and juicing vegetables are for your life.
Three of the girls were present and will join Dr. Roni and her co-author James Hester to do the Martha’s Vineyard Diet Detox in January.
- Cheryl Burke Quits as Miss USA Co-Host Over Trump’s Comments
- Lester Holt Tops Ratings in 1st Week as Official ‘Nightly News’ Anchor
- First Look: Chiwetel Ejiofor, Julia Roberts in ‘Secret in Their Eyes’ (Trailer)
- Halle Berry on Leaving Modeling for Acting: ‘It Took Me Years to Build Respect’
- Victoria Rowell Wants Back on ‘The Young and the Restless’?
- Are We Bananas or is This Dude One Handsome Gorilla?
- Essence Expands Digital Programming with 'Live from the Essence Festival'
- Cops Called to Bobbi Kristina’s Hospice Over Family Fights
- Mexico Won’t Send Contestant to Miss Universe Due to Donald Trump
- Misty Copeland Named 1st Black Female Principal Dancer at American Ballet Theatre
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here