*Katie Couric traded in her CBS Nightly News duties on November 17 to host an organic food buffet at the New York home of Dr. Howard Sobel and his wife Gayle.
The evening was in honor of fitness guru High Voltage’s school program “Energy Up.” Couric is onboard to help inner city girls in high school get healthy, build their self esteem, and, as Voltage says, “Be Fit, Fierce and Fabulous.”
At the event, the ladies appointed Dr. Roni DeLuz, the only African American woman to remain on the New York Times bestselling list for almost a year, author of “21 Pounds in 21 Days: The Martha’s Vineyard Detox,” to their medical advisory board.
Dr. Roni will work with Voltage and the girls to teach them about nutrition and how important eating and juicing vegetables are for your life.
Three of the girls were present and will join Dr. Roni and her co-author James Hester to do the Martha’s Vineyard Diet Detox in January.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- New, Longer Trailer for HBO’s ‘Confirmation’ (Watch)
- Dr. Dre Starring in Apple’s First Scripted Television Series
- Cosby Rape Claims Prompt Colorado Bill to Extend Statute of Limitations
- Tax Man After Lil Wayne for $868,000
- How #BlackLivesMatter Snuck Mario Woods Protest Into Super Bowl (Watch)
- K. Michelle: Ex Lance Stephenson’s Rant Against Her Was From Hacker
- Derek Fisher Vacations with Matt Barnes Ex Gloria Govan After Knicks Boot
- Kanye West Claims Taylor Swift Gave ‘B*tch’ Lyric Her Blessing
- Nick Cannon and Stevie J Deny Acrimony During ‘Wild ‘N Out’ Taping
- $188 Million Powerball Winner, Marie Holmes, Allegedly Being Sued by Local Pastor
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here