*Katie Couric traded in her CBS Nightly News duties on November 17 to host an organic food buffet at the New York home of Dr. Howard Sobel and his wife Gayle.
The evening was in honor of fitness guru High Voltage’s school program “Energy Up.” Couric is onboard to help inner city girls in high school get healthy, build their self esteem, and, as Voltage says, “Be Fit, Fierce and Fabulous.”
At the event, the ladies appointed Dr. Roni DeLuz, the only African American woman to remain on the New York Times bestselling list for almost a year, author of “21 Pounds in 21 Days: The Martha’s Vineyard Detox,” to their medical advisory board.
Dr. Roni will work with Voltage and the girls to teach them about nutrition and how important eating and juicing vegetables are for your life.
Three of the girls were present and will join Dr. Roni and her co-author James Hester to do the Martha’s Vineyard Diet Detox in January.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Lionel Richie Trying to Get Oscar Attention for 'Tuskegee Airmen' Doc (Trailer)
- 50 Cent Files $75M Lawsuit Against Law Firm for Poor Representation
- Valentino’s African-Inspired Runway Show Has No African Models; Twitter Gives Side-Eye
- Man Fired After Online Racist Jokes Erupt from Selfie (with 'Slave')
- Judge Won’t Dismiss Molestation Lawsuit Against Bill Cosby; Yale Won't Rescind his Honorary Degree
- Nicki Minaj Calls Out Miley Cyrus on her Cultural Appropriation Insensitivity: 'You Have Some Big Balls'
- Victor Cruz’s Fiancée Sends Group Text to All of His Mistresses: Report
- Ben Carson Judges Ore. Shooting Victims: ‘I Wouldn’t Just Stand There and Let Him Shoot Me’
- After 3 Years, Stevie Wonder’s Divorce from Kai Millard Finalized
- Rosie O’Donnell’s Daughter: Mom Left ‘The View’ Over Rift with Whoopi
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here