*The Black Heritage Reference Center of Queens County in conjunction with BulLion Entertainment will host “A Tribute to Ralph McDaniels” on Saturday, November 13, 2010, 1:00 p.m., at Queens Library at The Langston Hughes Community Library and Cultural Center, 100-01 Northern Boulevard, Corona.
The event will feature video presentations from Ralph McDaniels’ groundbreaking hip hop show “Video Music Box” as well as his most recent work as executive producer and host of “The Bridge”.
Ralph McDaniels will be interviewed by Mark “DJ Wiz” Eastmond, DJ/Producer, of the legendary hip-hop group Kid ‘N Play. The day would not be complete without testimonials and guest appearances from those in the music and hip-hop industry that have been a part of the life and career of “Uncle Ralph.”
The event will also include a special guest performance by DIOS Music hip-hop recording artists BDS (Alias DUNDEE and Hashim BING). The event is free and open to the public; young people are especially encouraged to attend. SEATING IS LIMITED; FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED.
Ralph “Uncle Ralph” McDaniels, hip-hop culture pioneer, entrepreneur, and visionary who created “Video Music Box”, the first music video show focused exclusively to an urban market-broadcast on public television.
Widely recognized by the music industry as the original tastemaker of the streets, McDaniels is president of Uncle Ralph Productions; he is also an on-air personality at New York’s Hot 97/WQHT and is one of the executive producers of “The Bridge”, which he also hosts.
McDaniels the creator of Onfumes.com, an interactive video hosting/on-demand Web site where registered users can access his archived collection of hip-hop and R&B videos, never-seen-before interviews, behind-the scenes footage, and up-and-coming urban artists and filmmakers.
McDaniels’ influence in hip-hop culture stems from the astounding success of his hip-hop music show and spans over 25 years through the millions of viewers, fans, and consumers who have supported him throughout his endeavors in radio, film, television, and the fashion industry.
Queens Library is an independent, not-for-profit corporation and is not affiliated with any other library. The Queens Library serves a population of 2.2 million in the most ethnically diverse county in the U.S. With a record 23 million items in circulation for FY 2010, the Library has the highest circulation of any public library system in the U.S. and one of the highest circulations in the world. For more information about programs, services, locations, events and news, visit the Queens Library Web site at www.queenslibrary.org or phone 718-990-0700. Queens Library. Enrich Your Life ®.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Monica Updates Fans On Marriage Status, Praises Husband
- Endangered Gorilla Killed After 4-Yr-Old Boy Enters Habitat (WATCH Dramatic Video)
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- 'Presenting Princess Shaw' Film Review + Trailer [WATCH]
- Motown Gospel Presents 1 Mic 1 Take [email protected] Studios
- Khloe Kardashian Doesn't Believe in Divorce, Still Getting One Anyway
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- 'Roots' Star Anika Noni Rose: 'We Need To Hear About Our Holocaust' [EUR Exclusive]
- Kelly Rowland Talks Beyonce, Being 'Psycho' Mom, Her Mother's Death (Watch)
- 2016 Music Festival Rolls into Cincinnati July 22-23
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here