*Rihanna says her split second romance with rapper Drake didn’t work out because she was still trying to deal with the aftermath of being assaulted by Chris Brown and getting over the end of their relationship.
The singer dated the Canadian hip-hop star for a short time in 2009 after meeting him in May of that year, but she admits she was too fragile emotionally to get involved in a serious relationship after being beaten by Brown just a few months earlier.
She told MTV News: “I definitely was attracted to Drake, but I think it is what it is – it was what it was. We didn’t want to take it any further.
“It was at a really fragile time in my life, so I just didn’t want to get too serious with anything or anyone at that time.”
Although the romance didn’t go anywhere, the pair have teamed up for her single “What’s My Name?” and its video. [Watch below.]
Rihanna is currently dating baseball player Matt Kemp.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here