*Rihanna says her split second romance with rapper Drake didn’t work out because she was still trying to deal with the aftermath of being assaulted by Chris Brown and getting over the end of their relationship.
The singer dated the Canadian hip-hop star for a short time in 2009 after meeting him in May of that year, but she admits she was too fragile emotionally to get involved in a serious relationship after being beaten by Brown just a few months earlier.
She told MTV News: “I definitely was attracted to Drake, but I think it is what it is – it was what it was. We didn’t want to take it any further.
“It was at a really fragile time in my life, so I just didn’t want to get too serious with anything or anyone at that time.”
Although the romance didn’t go anywhere, the pair have teamed up for her single “What’s My Name?” and its video. [Watch below.]
Rihanna is currently dating baseball player Matt Kemp.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Cassi Davis, Stephen Bishop to Host NAASC Scholarship Brunch
- Janet Jackson, Husband Spotted at Paris Fashion Week
- Rihanna Talks Casual Sex, Rachel Dolezal, Wanting to Change Chris Brown
- Health: You Could Possibly Have A Hidden Illness if Any of These Symptoms Show Up
- 27 Bill Cosby Accusers Set for NBC ‘Dateline’ Special (Watch)
- Tamar Braxton Taps Husband Vince for Emotional 'DWTS' Routine (Watch)
- F. Gary Gray in Talks to Direct ‘Fast and Furious 8’
- Wendy Williams Wants Terrence Howard Off 'Empire'; He Responds
- EUR On the Scene: The 18th Annual First Ladies High Tea (WATCH)
- Iyanla Vanzant Gets Real as Woman Confronts Gay Pastor Husband
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here