*Rihanna says her split second romance with rapper Drake didn’t work out because she was still trying to deal with the aftermath of being assaulted by Chris Brown and getting over the end of their relationship.
The singer dated the Canadian hip-hop star for a short time in 2009 after meeting him in May of that year, but she admits she was too fragile emotionally to get involved in a serious relationship after being beaten by Brown just a few months earlier.
She told MTV News: “I definitely was attracted to Drake, but I think it is what it is – it was what it was. We didn’t want to take it any further.
“It was at a really fragile time in my life, so I just didn’t want to get too serious with anything or anyone at that time.”
Although the romance didn’t go anywhere, the pair have teamed up for her single “What’s My Name?” and its video. [Watch below.]
Rihanna is currently dating baseball player Matt Kemp.
- Holy Crap! My House is On Fire...I'd Better Grab My Spareribs! (Video)
- Maya Angelou’s Art Collection Heading to Auction
- 18-Year-Old Forgives Rapper Kevin Gates for Kicking Her (WATCH)
- D'Angelo Speaks on His Iconic 'Untitled' Video with Tavis Smiley (WATCH)
- Hot Mess! McDonald's Worker Pulled Out of Drive-Thru Window (WATCH)
- VH1 Preps Viewers for What’s to Come with ‘Stevie & Joseline’ Teaser
- Black Lives Matter Members React to Fox News with Love
- Fellas Define Feminism At MTV VMAs (Watch)
- Ten Years After Hurricane Katrina: Changing Hearts, Minds and Systems in New Orleans
- Eunice Moseley Featured Expert in Dr. Logan Westbrooks’ ‘The Anatomy of the Music Industry’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here