*Rihanna says her split second romance with rapper Drake didn’t work out because she was still trying to deal with the aftermath of being assaulted by Chris Brown and getting over the end of their relationship.
The singer dated the Canadian hip-hop star for a short time in 2009 after meeting him in May of that year, but she admits she was too fragile emotionally to get involved in a serious relationship after being beaten by Brown just a few months earlier.
She told MTV News: “I definitely was attracted to Drake, but I think it is what it is – it was what it was. We didn’t want to take it any further.
“It was at a really fragile time in my life, so I just didn’t want to get too serious with anything or anyone at that time.”
Although the romance didn’t go anywhere, the pair have teamed up for her single “What’s My Name?” and its video. [Watch below.]
Rihanna is currently dating baseball player Matt Kemp.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Spelling Bee Kids Dab Their Way Through Early Rounds (Watch)
- Venus and Serena Advance With Identical Singles Scores at French Open
- Gucci Mane Released from Prison Four Months Early
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Moves On…With a Man
- Actor Michael Jace Won’t Testify in His Murder Trial
- Cyndi Lauper Salutes Prince With ‘When You Were Mine’ at NY Concert (Watch)
- NYPD’s Top Cop on T.I. Concert Shooting: Rappers are ‘Basically Thugs’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here