*BET has responded to sudden internet rumors that a white actress in its predominantly-black cast of “The Game” is being paid twice as much as the rest of the cast.
The Internet mess-starter, MediaTakeOut.com, said that Brittany Daniel, who plays Kelly Pitts on the resurrected series from the CW, was being paid twice as much as the rest of the cast. BET denies this in the following statement:
The recent report regarding certain members of the cast of “The Game” being disproportionally paid by BET is completely false. As a matter of policy, BET does not engage in public discussions about salaries or similar private matters with its artists. However, out of our deep respect and appreciation for the talent and hard work of the entire cast and crew of “The Game,” we cannot allow such inaccurate reports to go uncorrected. To be clear, there is no disparity in salaries among the cast of “The Game.” We continue to look forward to bringing new episodes to the loyal fans of this series on 1/11/11.
BET will begin airing a new fourth season of “The Game” on Jan. 11, 2011.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Beyoncé's Rep Responds to 'B.E.A.T.' Filmmakers 'Credit' Controversy
- What Should Society Do With An 11-Year-Old Murderer?
- Is This the REAL Reason Cam Walked Out of Press Conference? (WATCH)
- Misty Copeland's ‘Ballerina’s Tale’ Also Highlights the #BalletSoWhite Issue
- Ava DuVernay Being Courted to Direct Two Feature Films
- Taraji P. Henson Blames Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mixup on Her Friends (Watch)
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- ‘Black-ish’ To Address Police Brutality in Feb. 24 Episode
- J.Lo's 'Shades of Blue' Scores Second Season
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here