*BET has responded to sudden internet rumors that a white actress in its predominantly-black cast of “The Game” is being paid twice as much as the rest of the cast.
The Internet mess-starter, MediaTakeOut.com, said that Brittany Daniel, who plays Kelly Pitts on the resurrected series from the CW, was being paid twice as much as the rest of the cast. BET denies this in the following statement:
The recent report regarding certain members of the cast of “The Game” being disproportionally paid by BET is completely false. As a matter of policy, BET does not engage in public discussions about salaries or similar private matters with its artists. However, out of our deep respect and appreciation for the talent and hard work of the entire cast and crew of “The Game,” we cannot allow such inaccurate reports to go uncorrected. To be clear, there is no disparity in salaries among the cast of “The Game.” We continue to look forward to bringing new episodes to the loyal fans of this series on 1/11/11.
BET will begin airing a new fourth season of “The Game” on Jan. 11, 2011.
- Of 10,000 Facebook Employees Only 1% Black - None Are Execs
- NFL Players' Crazy Answers Make for Hilarious 'Family Feud' (WATCH)
- Transgender Heckler Tells why She Interrupted Pres. Obama
- Rain Pryor Talks Race, Richard Pryor and ‘Fried Chicken & Latkes’
- Exclusive: Dayo Okeniyi Has Pivotal Role in 'Terminator Genysis'
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: The Malignant Hate Cancer Took Nine Lives
- Allen West: Confederate Flag is ‘Manufactured Political Crisis’ by Left
- Panel Photos: Beautiful Textures Presents 'Who Wore What,' BET Awards Fashion Recap [Photos]
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: Why Are So Many Schools Still Named Robert E. Lee?
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits Part 2
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here