*BET has responded to sudden internet rumors that a white actress in its predominantly-black cast of “The Game” is being paid twice as much as the rest of the cast.
The Internet mess-starter, MediaTakeOut.com, said that Brittany Daniel, who plays Kelly Pitts on the resurrected series from the CW, was being paid twice as much as the rest of the cast. BET denies this in the following statement:
The recent report regarding certain members of the cast of “The Game” being disproportionally paid by BET is completely false. As a matter of policy, BET does not engage in public discussions about salaries or similar private matters with its artists. However, out of our deep respect and appreciation for the talent and hard work of the entire cast and crew of “The Game,” we cannot allow such inaccurate reports to go uncorrected. To be clear, there is no disparity in salaries among the cast of “The Game.” We continue to look forward to bringing new episodes to the loyal fans of this series on 1/11/11.
BET will begin airing a new fourth season of “The Game” on Jan. 11, 2011.
- Trevor Noah Teases ‘The Daily Show’ Takeover [WATCH]
- Caitlyn Jenner Adult Unisex Costume Timely for Halloween, But LGBT Community Not Amused
- NeNe Leakes Confirms Hosting Gig on ‘Fashion Police’
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Beverly Johnson: 'The Face That Changed It All' - EUR BOOK REVIEW
- Janelle Monáe & Wondaland Records Artists ‘Speak Up’ on #BlackLivesMatter
- #BlackLivesMatter Critic Peggy Hubbard Tells Activists to 'Bite Me'
- The Weeknd Covers Beyonce at Billboard Hot 100 Festival [Watch]
- Ohio Cop Pulls Man Over for 'Making Direct Eye Contact' (Watch)
- WATCH! Rapper Kevin Gates Viciously Kicks Woman in Chest/Facial Area
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here