*BET has responded to sudden internet rumors that a white actress in its predominantly-black cast of “The Game” is being paid twice as much as the rest of the cast.
The Internet mess-starter, MediaTakeOut.com, said that Brittany Daniel, who plays Kelly Pitts on the resurrected series from the CW, was being paid twice as much as the rest of the cast. BET denies this in the following statement:
The recent report regarding certain members of the cast of “The Game” being disproportionally paid by BET is completely false. As a matter of policy, BET does not engage in public discussions about salaries or similar private matters with its artists. However, out of our deep respect and appreciation for the talent and hard work of the entire cast and crew of “The Game,” we cannot allow such inaccurate reports to go uncorrected. To be clear, there is no disparity in salaries among the cast of “The Game.” We continue to look forward to bringing new episodes to the loyal fans of this series on 1/11/11.
BET will begin airing a new fourth season of “The Game” on Jan. 11, 2011.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here