*BET has responded to sudden internet rumors that a white actress in its predominantly-black cast of “The Game” is being paid twice as much as the rest of the cast.
The Internet mess-starter, MediaTakeOut.com, said that Brittany Daniel, who plays Kelly Pitts on the resurrected series from the CW, was being paid twice as much as the rest of the cast. BET denies this in the following statement:
The recent report regarding certain members of the cast of “The Game” being disproportionally paid by BET is completely false. As a matter of policy, BET does not engage in public discussions about salaries or similar private matters with its artists. However, out of our deep respect and appreciation for the talent and hard work of the entire cast and crew of “The Game,” we cannot allow such inaccurate reports to go uncorrected. To be clear, there is no disparity in salaries among the cast of “The Game.” We continue to look forward to bringing new episodes to the loyal fans of this series on 1/11/11.
BET will begin airing a new fourth season of “The Game” on Jan. 11, 2011.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jennifer Hudson Signs W/ Epic Records
- Stacey Dash Announces Her Own Political Party, 'Dash America'
- Trick Daddy is Spitting Mad ... About Some Woman in Viral Video
- BET Drops Trailer for New Edition Biopic [Watch]
- WNBA's Candace Parker Shares Handwritten Recruitment Letter from Pat Summitt
- No Designers Wanted to Dress Leslie Jones for 'Ghostbusters' Red Carpet
- Drake Struggles With 'Work Banter' in Cut ‘SNL’ Sketch (Watch)
- Stranger Defends Teen Harassed for Selling Candy Outside Target (Watch)
- Chris Brown Responds to Recent Exits from ‘People Claiming to Be My Team’
- Shirley Caesar Receives Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame (Watch Full Ceremony)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here