*When you’ve achieved his status in the business, being sued, unfortunately, comes with the territory. As such, an up and coming singer/songwriter has filed suit against Usher and his record label, claiming his hit song “Caught Up” was stolen from her submitted material.
According to Wadena Pyatt she claims got a record contract with Alicia Keys’ MBK Entertainment label in 2003 and wrote the cut for inclusion on her debut album.
According to documents filed in a New York court, Pyatt heard the song on Usher’s “Confessions” album, but she was not listed as one of the songwriters.
Pyatt is demanding damages for profits received from sales of the track which was released as a single in 2004.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here