*When you’ve achieved his status in the business, being sued, unfortunately, comes with the territory. As such, an up and coming singer/songwriter has filed suit against Usher and his record label, claiming his hit song “Caught Up” was stolen from her submitted material.
According to Wadena Pyatt she claims got a record contract with Alicia Keys’ MBK Entertainment label in 2003 and wrote the cut for inclusion on her debut album.
According to documents filed in a New York court, Pyatt heard the song on Usher’s “Confessions” album, but she was not listed as one of the songwriters.
Pyatt is demanding damages for profits received from sales of the track which was released as a single in 2004.
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here