*When you’ve achieved his status in the business, being sued, unfortunately, comes with the territory. As such, an up and coming singer/songwriter has filed suit against Usher and his record label, claiming his hit song “Caught Up” was stolen from her submitted material.
According to Wadena Pyatt she claims got a record contract with Alicia Keys’ MBK Entertainment label in 2003 and wrote the cut for inclusion on her debut album.
According to documents filed in a New York court, Pyatt heard the song on Usher’s “Confessions” album, but she was not listed as one of the songwriters.
Pyatt is demanding damages for profits received from sales of the track which was released as a single in 2004.
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here