*When you’ve achieved his status in the business, being sued, unfortunately, comes with the territory. As such, an up and coming singer/songwriter has filed suit against Usher and his record label, claiming his hit song “Caught Up” was stolen from her submitted material.
According to Wadena Pyatt she claims got a record contract with Alicia Keys’ MBK Entertainment label in 2003 and wrote the cut for inclusion on her debut album.
According to documents filed in a New York court, Pyatt heard the song on Usher’s “Confessions” album, but she was not listed as one of the songwriters.
Pyatt is demanding damages for profits received from sales of the track which was released as a single in 2004.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Monica Updates Fans On Marriage Status, Praises Husband
- Endangered Gorilla Killed After 4-Yr-Old Boy Enters Habitat (WATCH Dramatic Video)
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- 'Presenting Princess Shaw' Film Review + Trailer [WATCH]
- Motown Gospel Presents 1 Mic 1 Take [email protected] Studios
- Khloe Kardashian Doesn't Believe in Divorce, Still Getting One Anyway
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- 'Roots' Star Anika Noni Rose: 'We Need To Hear About Our Holocaust' [EUR Exclusive]
- Kelly Rowland Talks Beyonce, Being 'Psycho' Mom, Her Mother's Death (Watch)
- 2016 Music Festival Rolls into Cincinnati July 22-23
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here