*First Lady Michelle Obama surprised a group of U.S. servicemen and women based in Germany on Thursday, jumping in to serve them steaks at a special Veterans Day meal.
“Oh, my God! Where’s my camera,” gasped Lavondee Stallings, a preschool teacher whose husband serves in the military, as Obama entered the banquet room at Ramstein Air Base’s Officers Club.
Stallings was one of some 200 people with whom the first lady spent time during a refueling stopover on the way home from her tour of Asia with President Barack Obama.
“I am missing Sasha and Malia desperately,” Obama said of her daughters, as she spoke to the group gathered for the donated steak dinner, grilled by volunteers from the California-based Cooks of the Valley.
“But it is a thrill to be here with you guys, because we are so grateful to all of you,” she said. “Not just our servicemen and women, but their kids, wives, husbands and parents.”
Mashed potatoes with gravy, peas, corn on the cob, garlic bread and lemon meringue pie rounded out the menu.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EUR Exclusive First Look Clip: Robert Townsend's 'Playin' for Love'
- For the Brothas: Nadkins ... Wet Naps For Your ... You Know
- Zendaya on Her Fears, the 'New Cool' and Obsessive Photoshopping
- Civil Rights Leaders Call for 'Lunch Out' of Pre Oscar Ceremony Luncheon
- James Franco to Direct ‘Zola Tells All’ Based on Stripper Twitter Saga
- James Brown Previews Super Bowl Pregame Show: 'It's Only 4 Hrs As Opposed to 7'
- Jill Scott Wins Big at 47th Annual NAACP Image Awards
- Kim & Kanye Fought Over Wiz Khalifa Rant and Wendy Williams Dis?
- 47th NAACP Image Awards Announces Winners of Non-Televised Categories
- Filmmakers Say 'Kung Fu Panda 3' is 'Perfect Premise For Creating Comedy' [EUR Exclusive]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here