*Attorneys for Wesley Snipes are asking a judge to extend the actor’s bail as he prepares for yet another possible appeal of his three-year prison sentence for a tax conviction.
The Orlando Sentinel reports that attorneys urged a judge Tuesday to continue the bail while they prepare to ask the U.S. Supreme Court to hear his case.
Snipes was recently ordered to begin serving his sentence, but the judge never set a surrender date. Snipes has been free on bail while appealing his 2008 conviction for willful failure to file income tax returns.
The 48-year-old Snipes starred in the “Blade” trilogy, “White Men Can’t Jump” and other films. He has recently been in Atlanta working on a new movie called “Master Daddy.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Chris Bosh & Rasheeda Appear on Tonight's 'ROSEWOOD' on FOX (Video)
- BHERC Presents 'Reel Black Men' Short Film Festival on October 24
- Lil Wayne Says Birdman Stiffed Drake, Nicki Minaj Out of Money
- Cosmo Blasted for Declaring Kardashians 'America's First Family'
- TV One to Re-Air Original ‘Roots’; Louis Gossett Jr. Reminisces: ‘We Stopped the World’
- Parents of Bullied Boy Who Committed Suicide, Sue Florida School District
- Debbi Morgan to Play Toni Braxton’s Mom Evelyn in Lifetime Biopic; Full Cast Announced
- Wanda Sykes Cast in ABC's ‘Black-ish’, Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Gabrielle Union to Star in ‘A Meyers Christmas’ for Universal
- Matt Barnes Still Swears He Had Something With Rihanna: ‘I’m Too Grown to Lie’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here