*Attorneys for Wesley Snipes are asking a judge to extend the actor’s bail as he prepares for yet another possible appeal of his three-year prison sentence for a tax conviction.
The Orlando Sentinel reports that attorneys urged a judge Tuesday to continue the bail while they prepare to ask the U.S. Supreme Court to hear his case.
Snipes was recently ordered to begin serving his sentence, but the judge never set a surrender date. Snipes has been free on bail while appealing his 2008 conviction for willful failure to file income tax returns.
The 48-year-old Snipes starred in the “Blade” trilogy, “White Men Can’t Jump” and other films. He has recently been in Atlanta working on a new movie called “Master Daddy.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here