*In the wake of Teena Marie’s sudden death, reports began circulating online Monday that claimed the ailing Aretha Frankilin had also passed away – but those rumors are flat-out false.
The Queen of Soul has not died, a source close to the singer told the Free Press late Monday.
The Detroit singer, who has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, is “home, alive and recovering,” said the source, who requested anonymity because of sensitivity about Franklin’s health.
Rumors that Franklin had died began simmering Monday night on Twitter and Facebook. False celebrity death reports pop up frequently on Twitter, with celebrities such as Morgan Freeman and Bill Cosby among the recent targets.
Franklin has been in and out of Detroit hospitals several times since the late summer, canceling all concert appearances and staying out of the public eye. She has offered minimal comment since news of the pancreatic cancer emerged in early December.
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Neechy Gospel: New Music Video From Jonathan McReynolds LIMP
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Kelly Price Thinks Cops Need to Throw the book at Nick Gordon (WATCH)
- Michael Gordon Bennett Calls Himself America's Whitest Black Kid
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here