*In the wake of Teena Marie’s sudden death, reports began circulating online Monday that claimed the ailing Aretha Frankilin had also passed away – but those rumors are flat-out false.
The Queen of Soul has not died, a source close to the singer told the Free Press late Monday.
The Detroit singer, who has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, is “home, alive and recovering,” said the source, who requested anonymity because of sensitivity about Franklin’s health.
Rumors that Franklin had died began simmering Monday night on Twitter and Facebook. False celebrity death reports pop up frequently on Twitter, with celebrities such as Morgan Freeman and Bill Cosby among the recent targets.
Franklin has been in and out of Detroit hospitals several times since the late summer, canceling all concert appearances and staying out of the public eye. She has offered minimal comment since news of the pancreatic cancer emerged in early December.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Detroit Woman’s ‘Dead Body on Lawn’ Halloween Prank Draws 911 Calls
- New Radio Station: ItzYourzRadioLive.com Now Broadcasting
- You Could Break the Bank Going to 'The Happiest Place On Earth!'
- Walter Scott’s Family Gets $6.5M in Settlement With N. Charleston (Watch)
- ‘Star Wars’ Actor John Boyega to Racist Fans: ‘I’m In the Movie, What Are You Gonna Do About It?’
- Chris and Adrienne Bosh Expecting 3rd Child Together Next Spring
- Atlanta Hawks Player Thabo Sefolosha Acquitted in NYC Arrest Case
- Taraji P. Posts IG Response to Rumors of Beef with Terrence Howard (WATCH)
- EURweb on the Scene: 3rd Annual Ocktober Film Festival
- Derek Fisher Addresses Alleged Fight With Matt Barnes
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here