*In the wake of Teena Marie’s sudden death, reports began circulating online Monday that claimed the ailing Aretha Frankilin had also passed away – but those rumors are flat-out false.
The Queen of Soul has not died, a source close to the singer told the Free Press late Monday.
The Detroit singer, who has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, is “home, alive and recovering,” said the source, who requested anonymity because of sensitivity about Franklin’s health.
Rumors that Franklin had died began simmering Monday night on Twitter and Facebook. False celebrity death reports pop up frequently on Twitter, with celebrities such as Morgan Freeman and Bill Cosby among the recent targets.
Franklin has been in and out of Detroit hospitals several times since the late summer, canceling all concert appearances and staying out of the public eye. She has offered minimal comment since news of the pancreatic cancer emerged in early December.
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here