*In the wake of Teena Marie’s sudden death, reports began circulating online Monday that claimed the ailing Aretha Frankilin had also passed away – but those rumors are flat-out false.
The Queen of Soul has not died, a source close to the singer told the Free Press late Monday.
The Detroit singer, who has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, is “home, alive and recovering,” said the source, who requested anonymity because of sensitivity about Franklin’s health.
Rumors that Franklin had died began simmering Monday night on Twitter and Facebook. False celebrity death reports pop up frequently on Twitter, with celebrities such as Morgan Freeman and Bill Cosby among the recent targets.
Franklin has been in and out of Detroit hospitals several times since the late summer, canceling all concert appearances and staying out of the public eye. She has offered minimal comment since news of the pancreatic cancer emerged in early December.
- Cops Enter Wrong House, Kill Dog, Shoot Owner & Fellow Officer (WATCH)
- Black Female Celebs Rule Magazine Covers (At Least for Now)
- Rihanna Puts Support Behind Kanye West’s VMA Presidential Bid
- UCLA Footballer Ishmael Adams Robs Uber Driver; Suspended Indefinitely
- Greg King’s 'Postcards Central American Soul Food' is Top L.A. Food Truck
- Rachel Dolezal is Pregnant
- THE (09-02-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Nicki Minaj Wax Figure Getting Makeover After Fans Pressure Museum
- 'Selfish' Kardashians Being Sued Over Disruptive Fireworks Show
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here