*We recently reported that Hip-Hop pioneer, Doug E. Fresh that he was doing some big things and opened up a club and restaurant. But in the midst of all of his success, the rapper owes over $2 million in taxes. YIKES!
The IRS filed a lien against him with the New York City register’s office in October for his $2,276, 848 debt, according to a report in the Detroit News.
This isn’t the first time Uncle Sam knocked on his door. In 2008, he owed $367,000 in taxes. Despite his tax troubles, he continued with his business ventures and opened up his eatery in Harlem.
“Really even in this whole Obama initiative, and everything that’s going on with the economy, the only way to jump start it is we have to give each other opportunity. That’s the only way to make it work,” he said of the restaurant. His objective with the spot has always been to provide after-school job opportunities for teens in the neighborhood. “I understand the kid that, you know, he needs some money because he gotta get back and forth to school.”
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here