*We recently reported that Hip-Hop pioneer, Doug E. Fresh that he was doing some big things and opened up a club and restaurant. But in the midst of all of his success, the rapper owes over $2 million in taxes. YIKES!
The IRS filed a lien against him with the New York City register’s office in October for his $2,276, 848 debt, according to a report in the Detroit News.
This isn’t the first time Uncle Sam knocked on his door. In 2008, he owed $367,000 in taxes. Despite his tax troubles, he continued with his business ventures and opened up his eatery in Harlem.
“Really even in this whole Obama initiative, and everything that’s going on with the economy, the only way to jump start it is we have to give each other opportunity. That’s the only way to make it work,” he said of the restaurant. His objective with the spot has always been to provide after-school job opportunities for teens in the neighborhood. “I understand the kid that, you know, he needs some money because he gotta get back and forth to school.”
- Black Comedienne to Compete on New Season of 'Last Comic Standing' (WATCH)
- Brittney Griner Rebounds with Beauty Named Lola
- Jill Scott On Bill Cosby, 'Being a Beloved Black Man Is Dangerous
- Ja Rule Ready to Show Different Side in MTV Family Docuseries 'Follow the Rules'
- REPORT: Congressman Chaka Fattah (Dem/PA) Indicted in Racketeering Case
- Ohio Cop Ray Tensing Indicted for Murder of Samuel DuBose (Video of Shooting)
- Nick Gordon Eyed for Prosecution; Spotted Wearing Bobbi Kristina’s Ring
- Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral to be Private
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here