*We recently reported that Hip-Hop pioneer, Doug E. Fresh that he was doing some big things and opened up a club and restaurant. But in the midst of all of his success, the rapper owes over $2 million in taxes. YIKES!
The IRS filed a lien against him with the New York City register’s office in October for his $2,276, 848 debt, according to a report in the Detroit News.
This isn’t the first time Uncle Sam knocked on his door. In 2008, he owed $367,000 in taxes. Despite his tax troubles, he continued with his business ventures and opened up his eatery in Harlem.
“Really even in this whole Obama initiative, and everything that’s going on with the economy, the only way to jump start it is we have to give each other opportunity. That’s the only way to make it work,” he said of the restaurant. His objective with the spot has always been to provide after-school job opportunities for teens in the neighborhood. “I understand the kid that, you know, he needs some money because he gotta get back and forth to school.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EUR Exclusive First Look Clip: Robert Townsend's 'Playin' for Love'
- For the Brothas: Nadkins ... Wet Naps For Your ... You Know
- Zendaya on Her Fears, the 'New Cool' and Obsessive Photoshopping
- Civil Rights Leaders Call for 'Lunch Out' of Pre Oscar Ceremony Luncheon
- James Franco to Direct ‘Zola Tells All’ Based on Stripper Twitter Saga
- James Brown Previews Super Bowl Pregame Show: 'It's Only 4 Hrs As Opposed to 7'
- Jill Scott Wins Big at 47th Annual NAACP Image Awards
- Kim & Kanye Fought Over Wiz Khalifa Rant and Wendy Williams Dis?
- 47th NAACP Image Awards Announces Winners of Non-Televised Categories
- Filmmakers Say 'Kung Fu Panda 3' is 'Perfect Premise For Creating Comedy' [EUR Exclusive]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here