*We recently reported that Hip-Hop pioneer, Doug E. Fresh that he was doing some big things and opened up a club and restaurant. But in the midst of all of his success, the rapper owes over $2 million in taxes. YIKES!
The IRS filed a lien against him with the New York City register’s office in October for his $2,276, 848 debt, according to a report in the Detroit News.
This isn’t the first time Uncle Sam knocked on his door. In 2008, he owed $367,000 in taxes. Despite his tax troubles, he continued with his business ventures and opened up his eatery in Harlem.
“Really even in this whole Obama initiative, and everything that’s going on with the economy, the only way to jump start it is we have to give each other opportunity. That’s the only way to make it work,” he said of the restaurant. His objective with the spot has always been to provide after-school job opportunities for teens in the neighborhood. “I understand the kid that, you know, he needs some money because he gotta get back and forth to school.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Kim Zolciak Emotional in ‘DWTS’ Return Following Stroke
- Gap Band Family Feud! Ronnie Wilson Sues Charlie Wilson
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here