*We recently reported that Hip-Hop pioneer, Doug E. Fresh that he was doing some big things and opened up a club and restaurant. But in the midst of all of his success, the rapper owes over $2 million in taxes. YIKES!
The IRS filed a lien against him with the New York City register’s office in October for his $2,276, 848 debt, according to a report in the Detroit News.
This isn’t the first time Uncle Sam knocked on his door. In 2008, he owed $367,000 in taxes. Despite his tax troubles, he continued with his business ventures and opened up his eatery in Harlem.
“Really even in this whole Obama initiative, and everything that’s going on with the economy, the only way to jump start it is we have to give each other opportunity. That’s the only way to make it work,” he said of the restaurant. His objective with the spot has always been to provide after-school job opportunities for teens in the neighborhood. “I understand the kid that, you know, he needs some money because he gotta get back and forth to school.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Socialist's Journal/ The Prodigy: Esther Okade Taking College Courses at 11?!
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): PRINCE IN CINEMA - Remembered by the AAFCA
- Parents of 4-Yr-Old who Fell in Gorilla Enclosure Catching Hell on Social Media
- Newlywed Needs: Best Investment Purchases for the Recently Wed
- Rinkins Report: Financial Expert Shares Insights He Used to Overcome $250k Debt on Reality Series
- THE (05-31-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Dwayne Johnson’s Meal Plan Involves Eating 10 Pounds of Food Everyday
- Janet Jackson’s Trainer Reveals How to Get Her Famous Abs
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Reboot; Won't be Watching
- Police Say This Interracial 'Online Date' Ended in Woman's Death
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here