*In the Jet magazine article that hit stands Monday, El DeBarge talks about his 22-year drug addiction and fathering 12 children he barely knows with five different women (three of which he was married to).
He is quite candid in the article about his drug addiction and losing one of his children to “the system.” He told the magazine how important his second chance with his children means more to him than his recording career.
“God gave me a second chance. I am so very glad with what is going on with my career, but I want to be a success in my relationship with my children”, DeBarge told Jet.
The title track celebrates redemption. His latest tune is “When I See You” and the CD also includes the sensual “Lay With You” wiht Faith Evans. Rapper 50 Cent joins him on “Format”, and Fabolous is featured on “5 Seconds”. DeBarge says the heartful tune “Joyful” “sums up where I am right now.”
The singer says he was only a teenager when his first child was born. “I was in no way ready when my daughter was born. But I want to be a good father to her.”
His oldest daughter, Adris, 31, began to know him about two years ago.
“It is brand new and I am enjoying it to the fullest”, she says. “What gives me so much joy and so much pride right now at this point in our lives is to just watch him and be able to see him sober and happy, so happy and whole. It really is such a gift to have him around.”
Read more here.
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here