*In the Jet magazine article that hit stands Monday, El DeBarge talks about his 22-year drug addiction and fathering 12 children he barely knows with five different women (three of which he was married to).
He is quite candid in the article about his drug addiction and losing one of his children to “the system.” He told the magazine how important his second chance with his children means more to him than his recording career.
“God gave me a second chance. I am so very glad with what is going on with my career, but I want to be a success in my relationship with my children”, DeBarge told Jet.
The title track celebrates redemption. His latest tune is “When I See You” and the CD also includes the sensual “Lay With You” wiht Faith Evans. Rapper 50 Cent joins him on “Format”, and Fabolous is featured on “5 Seconds”. DeBarge says the heartful tune “Joyful” “sums up where I am right now.”
The singer says he was only a teenager when his first child was born. “I was in no way ready when my daughter was born. But I want to be a good father to her.”
His oldest daughter, Adris, 31, began to know him about two years ago.
“It is brand new and I am enjoying it to the fullest”, she says. “What gives me so much joy and so much pride right now at this point in our lives is to just watch him and be able to see him sober and happy, so happy and whole. It really is such a gift to have him around.”
Read more here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- OMG! Did Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, Really Respond to My Friendly 'Hello?'
- Wendy Raquel Robinson Pays Tribute to Iconic Artist Prince
- Kelly Rowland's New Music Series Has Her Missing Destiny’s Child
- Tyra Banks, Misty Copeland to Speak During Essence Experience
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Ni*ga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here