*Janet Jackson is trying out her entrepreneurial skills and going about fundraising in a quite unorthodox fashion.
The legendary singer and performer has teamed with toy manufacturer Mattel to release her very own, special edition Barbie doll, “Divinely Janet.”
The collector’s item will be auctioned off and all proceeds will benefit Project Angel Food, a non-profit organization that provides meals for the needy and those disabled by HIV/AIDS in the Los Angeles area.
The look-a-like doll valued at $15,000 is the most up-to-date artistic impression of Janet, with a short hairdo, red and black gown copied from her performance on American Idol earlier this year. But this ain’t no typical Barbie gown. Like the original, designed by Jackeline Gonzalez, it features hand-placed Swarovski crystals on the fabric, and a sleek cat suit underneath (like the one Janet wore in her second performance).
Bidding, at Charity Buzz, began at the beginning of the month and is set to close on Dec. 15.
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here