*Janet Jackson is trying out her entrepreneurial skills and going about fundraising in a quite unorthodox fashion.
The legendary singer and performer has teamed with toy manufacturer Mattel to release her very own, special edition Barbie doll, “Divinely Janet.”
The collector’s item will be auctioned off and all proceeds will benefit Project Angel Food, a non-profit organization that provides meals for the needy and those disabled by HIV/AIDS in the Los Angeles area.
The look-a-like doll valued at $15,000 is the most up-to-date artistic impression of Janet, with a short hairdo, red and black gown copied from her performance on American Idol earlier this year. But this ain’t no typical Barbie gown. Like the original, designed by Jackeline Gonzalez, it features hand-placed Swarovski crystals on the fabric, and a sleek cat suit underneath (like the one Janet wore in her second performance).
Bidding, at Charity Buzz, began at the beginning of the month and is set to close on Dec. 15.
- Piano Man: Tyler Perry Buys Nat King Cole's Steinway for $150k
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here