*Janet Jackson is trying out her entrepreneurial skills and going about fundraising in a quite unorthodox fashion.
The legendary singer and performer has teamed with toy manufacturer Mattel to release her very own, special edition Barbie doll, “Divinely Janet.”
The collector’s item will be auctioned off and all proceeds will benefit Project Angel Food, a non-profit organization that provides meals for the needy and those disabled by HIV/AIDS in the Los Angeles area.
The look-a-like doll valued at $15,000 is the most up-to-date artistic impression of Janet, with a short hairdo, red and black gown copied from her performance on American Idol earlier this year. But this ain’t no typical Barbie gown. Like the original, designed by Jackeline Gonzalez, it features hand-placed Swarovski crystals on the fabric, and a sleek cat suit underneath (like the one Janet wore in her second performance).
Bidding, at Charity Buzz, began at the beginning of the month and is set to close on Dec. 15.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- 'Roots' Star Anika Noni Rose: 'We Need To Hear About Our Holocaust' [EUR Exclusive]
- Kelly Rowland Talks Beyonce, Being 'Psycho' Mom, Her Mother's Death (Watch)
- Are Micro-credentials the Next Best Thing for a CV? (Infographic)
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Vivian Green Releases Music Video for 'Grown Folks Music'
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here