*Janet Jackson is trying out her entrepreneurial skills and going about fundraising in a quite unorthodox fashion.
The legendary singer and performer has teamed with toy manufacturer Mattel to release her very own, special edition Barbie doll, “Divinely Janet.”
The collector’s item will be auctioned off and all proceeds will benefit Project Angel Food, a non-profit organization that provides meals for the needy and those disabled by HIV/AIDS in the Los Angeles area.
The look-a-like doll valued at $15,000 is the most up-to-date artistic impression of Janet, with a short hairdo, red and black gown copied from her performance on American Idol earlier this year. But this ain’t no typical Barbie gown. Like the original, designed by Jackeline Gonzalez, it features hand-placed Swarovski crystals on the fabric, and a sleek cat suit underneath (like the one Janet wore in her second performance).
Bidding, at Charity Buzz, began at the beginning of the month and is set to close on Dec. 15.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Stacey Dash Responds to Anthony Anderson Slamming Her at Image Awards
- Saturday Bets Evens Action Between Broncos and Panthers in 'Vegas
- Beyonce Drops 'Formation' A New Song & Video (Watch)
- Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show, GoFundMe Controversy, Toyota Upcharges Minorities & More! | BHL's This Week
- Deion Sanders Pushes Josh Norman’s Buttons Re: Odell Beckham Jr. Incident
- Anthony Michael Hobbs’ 'One Nation' Screening at Bonita Springs Int'l Film Fest Feb.13
- Dencia Drags MLK into Skin Whitening War with LisaRaye (WATCH)
- Is Jada Pinkett Smith on Her Way Back to ‘Gotham’?
- Judge Gives 20 Min Speech to Racist Cop Caught Beating Unarmed Black Man (Watch)
- Kalenna, Star of 'Love and Hip Hop' to Mingle With Fans
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here