*Janet Jackson is trying out her entrepreneurial skills and going about fundraising in a quite unorthodox fashion.
The legendary singer and performer has teamed with toy manufacturer Mattel to release her very own, special edition Barbie doll, “Divinely Janet.”
The collector’s item will be auctioned off and all proceeds will benefit Project Angel Food, a non-profit organization that provides meals for the needy and those disabled by HIV/AIDS in the Los Angeles area.
The look-a-like doll valued at $15,000 is the most up-to-date artistic impression of Janet, with a short hairdo, red and black gown copied from her performance on American Idol earlier this year. But this ain’t no typical Barbie gown. Like the original, designed by Jackeline Gonzalez, it features hand-placed Swarovski crystals on the fabric, and a sleek cat suit underneath (like the one Janet wore in her second performance).
Bidding, at Charity Buzz, began at the beginning of the month and is set to close on Dec. 15.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Remodeling Your Home: The Risks You Need to Know
- THE (05-02-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- OMG! Did Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, Really Respond to My Friendly 'Hello?'
- Wendy Raquel Robinson Pays Tribute to Iconic Artist Prince
- Kelly Rowland's New Music Series Has Her Missing Destiny’s Child
- Tyra Banks, Misty Copeland to Speak During Essence Experience
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Ni*ga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here