*Jennifer Hudson has created a charity toy drive to honor the memory of her murdered seven-year-old nephew.
The singer-actress wanted to focus on happier times with Julian – who was brutally murdered two years ago along with her mother Darnell Donerson and brother Jason Hudson. Jennifer decided to organize the Chicago event to help other children enjoy the festive season.
“This was a good way to keep Julian’s memory alive by blessing other children through the holiday season,” she said, according to WENN. “For us, we never had a sad Christmas, so we want to make other children’s Christmas be as enjoyable as ours were growing up.”
Jennifer’s sister Julia agreed this was the perfect way to honor her late son.
“Julian always had toys,” she said. “I would come home and see his bike down the street and say, ‘Why is your bike down the street?’ ‘Oh I gave it away.’ This would be right up his alley I think. I know he’s smiling, something he would have done, exactly.”
Jennifer, who has a 16-month-old son David Jr. with fiancé David Otunga, said creating the toy drive in Julian’s memory had already made her Christmas better, and that little David had helped the whole family cope with their tragedy.
“He just brought it back around for us. It’s just super exciting and a really, really good time,” she said.
- Hot Mess! McDonald's Worker Pulled Out of Drive-Thru Window (WATCH)
- VH1 Preps Viewers for What’s to Come with ‘Stevie & Joseline’ Teaser
- Black Lives Matter Members React to Fox News with Love
- Fellas Define Feminism At MTV VMAs (Watch)
- Ten Years After Hurricane Katrina: Changing Hearts, Minds and Systems in New Orleans
- Eunice Moseley Featured Expert in Dr. Logan Westbrooks’ ‘The Anatomy of the Music Industry’
- Best Ranking of the Most Badass Fictional Weapons
- THE (09-04-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Deya Direct Takes the Man Whisperer Conversation to the Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion!
- Student Who Made Light of Deputy's Death Online, and Showed Support for #Blacklivesmatter, Arrested
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here