*Jennifer Hudson has created a charity toy drive to honor the memory of her murdered seven-year-old nephew.
The singer-actress wanted to focus on happier times with Julian – who was brutally murdered two years ago along with her mother Darnell Donerson and brother Jason Hudson. Jennifer decided to organize the Chicago event to help other children enjoy the festive season.
“This was a good way to keep Julian’s memory alive by blessing other children through the holiday season,” she said, according to WENN. “For us, we never had a sad Christmas, so we want to make other children’s Christmas be as enjoyable as ours were growing up.”
Jennifer’s sister Julia agreed this was the perfect way to honor her late son.
“Julian always had toys,” she said. “I would come home and see his bike down the street and say, ‘Why is your bike down the street?’ ‘Oh I gave it away.’ This would be right up his alley I think. I know he’s smiling, something he would have done, exactly.”
Jennifer, who has a 16-month-old son David Jr. with fiancé David Otunga, said creating the toy drive in Julian’s memory had already made her Christmas better, and that little David had helped the whole family cope with their tragedy.
“He just brought it back around for us. It’s just super exciting and a really, really good time,” she said.
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Welcomes Daughter
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- The NBA Demands Removal of Flag & No More Systematic Racism
- Deya Gets Direct with Single Men (WATCH)
- ‘Star Trek's’ George Takei: Clarence Thomas is ‘A Clown in Blackface’ (WATCH)
- Kendrick Lamar Responds to Geraldo Rivera's Crazy Criticism
- BET Awards Fashion on Fleek (Watch)
- Shocking Radiation Experiments on Black Children Left Holes in Head (Watch)
- Lupita Nyong’o Joins the Fight Against Elephant Poaching
- Tiger Woods in Denial Mode About Affair with Fellow Golfer’s Ex-Wife
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here