*Jennifer Hudson has created a charity toy drive to honor the memory of her murdered seven-year-old nephew.
The singer-actress wanted to focus on happier times with Julian – who was brutally murdered two years ago along with her mother Darnell Donerson and brother Jason Hudson. Jennifer decided to organize the Chicago event to help other children enjoy the festive season.
“This was a good way to keep Julian’s memory alive by blessing other children through the holiday season,” she said, according to WENN. “For us, we never had a sad Christmas, so we want to make other children’s Christmas be as enjoyable as ours were growing up.”
Jennifer’s sister Julia agreed this was the perfect way to honor her late son.
“Julian always had toys,” she said. “I would come home and see his bike down the street and say, ‘Why is your bike down the street?’ ‘Oh I gave it away.’ This would be right up his alley I think. I know he’s smiling, something he would have done, exactly.”
Jennifer, who has a 16-month-old son David Jr. with fiancé David Otunga, said creating the toy drive in Julian’s memory had already made her Christmas better, and that little David had helped the whole family cope with their tragedy.
“He just brought it back around for us. It’s just super exciting and a really, really good time,” she said.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Report: Tom Joyner Being Forced Out of Own Radio Show; Russ Parr to Take Over
- 50 Cent Sitcom ‘My Friend 50’ Headed to Fox
- The Best of Black Twitter’s #PopeBars
- Mom of Ronald Johnson Wants Dashcam Video of Son's Killing Released (VIdeo)
- 'L&HHH's' Milan Christopher Denies Dating ‘Empire’s’ Jussie Smollett
- Anthony Anderson Inks Multi-Year Deal With NAACP Image Awards
- Business Owners Combine To Launch Innovative Approach to 'Buy Black' Movement
- 2 Chainz’s #IsThisYoThot? Lawsuit Thrown Out by Judge
- Daniel ‘Boobie’ Gibson Reacts to Keyshia Cole’s Engagement Tweet (Pic)
- Photo of Dog With Mouth Taped Shut on Facebook, Leads to Arrest of NC Woman
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here