*Jimmy McMillan, leader of New York political party “The Rent Is Too Damn High,” has just announced his candidacy for President of the United States in 2012, reports the Huffington Post.
After his performance in the New York gubernatorial debates this fall made headlines and flooded YouTube, McMillan earned more than 40,000 votes in this year’s New York governor’s race. Now he says he’s ready to take on President Barack Obama in the quest for higher office.
“If you don’t do your job right, I am coming at you,” he said, complaining about the president’s bailout of General Motors. “I know Barack Obama is an Internet hog. I know he knows that I am out there. But what he hasn’t heard yet is that Jimmy McMillan is running for President of the United States of America.”
McMillan urged Obama to call him up on the phone and invite him to serve in the administration. That scenario aside, McMillan said he would register as a Republican to avoid a primary challenge from the president, a man that he called “a good-looking young guy” that he admired.
“I’m coming after his black ass,” he said of Obama.
McMillan said his greatest strengths include a mastery of social media, an ability to pinch pennies, and inimitable political vision.
And, for those curious about his stance on global warming, McMillan says he isn’t buying Al Gore’s “punk” science.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jessica Williams to Exit ‘The Daily Show’ for Own Comedy Central Pilot
- Why EJ Johnson Decided Against Transitioning: ‘I Thought About it For Sure’ (Watch)
- 'Ed Gordon': Bounce TV's First-Ever Primetime News Magazine Show to Debut Sept. 13
- Songs in the Key of Stevie Wonder and Imhotep Gary Byrd: Celebrating 50 Years of Friendship (EUR Exclusive)
- Former NBAer Delonte West is NOT Homeless - Sugar Babies Are Winning?
- Olympics-Bound Gymnast Simone Biles Can Not Be Stopped (Watch)
- Judge Joe Brown Banned from Practicing Law in Tennessee
- DMX Joins Keke Palmer, Aunjanue Ellis in Indie Film ‘Pimp’
- Kanye West Expands Adidas Partnership to Include Line of Apparel, Accessories
- Willow Smith: The New Face of Chanel Eyewear (Pics & Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here