*Jimmy McMillan, leader of New York political party “The Rent Is Too Damn High,” has just announced his candidacy for President of the United States in 2012, reports the Huffington Post.
After his performance in the New York gubernatorial debates this fall made headlines and flooded YouTube, McMillan earned more than 40,000 votes in this year’s New York governor’s race. Now he says he’s ready to take on President Barack Obama in the quest for higher office.
“If you don’t do your job right, I am coming at you,” he said, complaining about the president’s bailout of General Motors. “I know Barack Obama is an Internet hog. I know he knows that I am out there. But what he hasn’t heard yet is that Jimmy McMillan is running for President of the United States of America.”
McMillan urged Obama to call him up on the phone and invite him to serve in the administration. That scenario aside, McMillan said he would register as a Republican to avoid a primary challenge from the president, a man that he called “a good-looking young guy” that he admired.
“I’m coming after his black ass,” he said of Obama.
McMillan said his greatest strengths include a mastery of social media, an ability to pinch pennies, and inimitable political vision.
And, for those curious about his stance on global warming, McMillan says he isn’t buying Al Gore’s “punk” science.
- Rain Pryor Talks Race, Richard Pryor and ‘Fried Chicken & Latkes’
- Exclusive: Dayo Okeniyi Has Pivotal Role in 'Terminator Genysis'
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: The Malignant Hate Cancer Took Nine Lives
- Allen West: Confederate Flag is ‘Manufactured Political Crisis’ by Left
- Panel Photos: Beautiful Textures Presents 'Who Wore What,' BET Awards Fashion Recap [Photos]
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: Why Are So Many Schools Still Named Robert E. Lee?
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits Part 2
- THE (06-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- New Book! 'Diana Ross Reflections'
- EUR on the Scene: BET Experience Fan Fest 2015 (PHOTOS!)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here