*“Basketball Wives’” newest star Tami Roman divorced NBA player Kenny Anderson after six years of marriage when rumors of his infidelity surfaced — even though their prenuptial agreement left her without a dime. The veteran of MTV’s “Real World: Los Angeles” said she was forced to use food stamps to care for their two daughters — recently denying reports that she ended up with half of his assets.
Now, on the second season of “Basketball Wives,” which debuts Dec. 12 at 8 p.m. ET on VH1, she’s finally telling her side of the story, admitting her biggest regret after the divorce was not putting her children first.
“If you just put Kenny and I in a room, with no mediator, there’s no telling what would happen. It hasn’t always been an amicable situation. We haven’t been proper parents in how we deal with each other, and that has taken a negative effect on his relationship with my daughters,” Roman tells PopEater, adding that Anderson hadn’t seen the girls in a decade.
“There are so many children who are going through these difficult divorces, and their parents forget about them, which is what Kenny and I did. We acknowledge that this season and try to rebuild.”
But the family therapy is mere child’s play compared to the intense cat fighting between Roman and the other ‘Wives’ this season. In the trailer, Roman is shown being held back by producers, ready to throw a few punches at Jennifer Williams, for not knowing what a food stamp looks like. [Scroll down to watch.]
“I’m very outspoken and say it like it is. Some people can’t deal with that, so it erupts into the fights,” she says. “Sometimes, I can’t control myself. I try not to get upset, but when I do, whoever is there suffers the repercussions of everything I’ve held in. I just blow up.”
Despite her outbursts, Roman says she has grown tremendously since her days on “The Real World: Los Angeles,” the long-running reality series’ second season, when reality TV stars were guinea pigs in the genre. “I want fans to know I’ve grown and matured. Before, fans saw a young girl trying to find her way,” she insists.
And with her maturity, there’s some wisdom she’s ready to pass on about relationships. “Never lose sight of yourself, your morals or your independence. So, if for some reason it doesn’t work out, you can walk away — just like Eva Longoria. You can hold your head high knowing you were one hundred percent truthful in that moment. You can’t expect the fantasy to be real or last forever,” she says.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Puff Daddy Announces Retirement from Music to Focus on Acting
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Cast, Directors Talk Black Panther, Spider-Man and ‘Selfish’ Cap
- Twitter User Shares Story About Horrifying Rape at Spelman
- Texas Mother of Kids 'Tied Up in Yard Like Dogs' Found in Cali (Watch)
- Ohio Son (Trey Potter) Takes Mom (MelRo Potter) to Her First Prom (WATCH)
- DEA Joins Prince Ivestigation; Kendrick Lamar Joined Him in New Video (WATCH)
- Tyler Perry's Atlanta Mansion Sells at Historic Proportions! (Pictures)
- Larry Wilmore: Shut Up! - N**ger * N**ga Are Two Different Things
- FAMU Grad Single Mom (Taylor Hunter) Testament to Power of Perseverance
- THE (05-05-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here